Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

My third favorite in the series. Utterly magical. Truly the turning point of the series. One review summed it up perfectly:

The childlike whimsy of the previous Potters is dead, replaced by an encroaching loss of innocence and a foreboding sense of darkness. A new punch of life for the series.

This is the best movie in the series. It has an amazing cast, the kids are really starting to get into their characters now, the pacing, suspense, atmosphere, the whole thing was perfect. It did the transition from the cute kids story into the more adult teen life beautifully, and I just can't help but wonder, what other great things this director could have done if he had a chance to do Goblet of Fire.

In most ways, this is the best of the series. When you look back at COS, and then this, there's a HUGE difference. Buckbeaks flight alone trumps nearly every scene from the 2nd movie.The feeling I get from watching POA is unlike any other from a Potter movie; the movie feels like the book.

A+

• Like 1

In most ways, this is the best of the series. When you look back at COS, and then this, there's a HUGE difference. Buckbeaks flight alone trumps nearly every scene from the 2nd movie.The feeling I get from watching POA is unlike any other from a Potter movie; the movie feels like the book.

A+

Actually, Harry's flight on Buckbeak, when he starts to get the hang of it and whoops out in pure joy, I think this is one of the greatest moments in any of the movies! As I see it, you have a boy who has had a hard life, he's learned his parents were murdered, he's taken in by people who almost despise him, are cruel to him, when he's at the school, sure, he has Hermione and Ron, but he goes through hell from Snape and Malfoy, and well, this scene was just a good scene, showing that he was at peace, for a moment in his young life.
  • Like 2

Actually, Harry's flight on Buckbeak, when he starts to get the hang of it and whoops out in pure joy, I think this is one of the greatest moments in any of the movies! As I see it, you have a boy who has had a hard life, he's learned his parents were murdered, he's taken in by people who almost despise him, are cruel to him, when he's at the school, sure, he has Hermione and Ron, but he goes through hell from Snape and Malfoy, and well, this scene was just a good scene, showing that he was at peace, for a moment in his young life.

You nailed it. I completely agree. But the music and visuals are incredible, too! :D

Yes they are. And when I do watch it from time to time, the death eaters, when they first come onto the train, still give me goosebumps!

You mean dementors! Shameful. I get goosebumps when Harry tells Lupin that he saw Pettigrew on the Marauders Map, and the stunned look on Lupin's face when he says, "That's not possible."

A good movie. I felt it lacked the charm the first two Potter movies had and traded it in for becoming more mature which was important due to the direction the series was headed in.In a way this movie was also marking the end of my childhood. I walked out slightly let down...little did I know the next HP movie would become my favorite in the series!!!!!!!111B+

Edited by darthdevidem01

stylistically wacky, best summed up by the knight bus. any time it tried to get emotional the acting turned to shit, but the whole atmosphere of the thing was wonderful.

7/10

Probably the best made Potter film, agree with what most of you said above.The way the camera is always on the move, makes me so gitty!The pacing is perfect and this could be my favorite form of time travel, it's like you have 2 climaxes.And professor lupin is as boss. A-

• Like 2