#ED

Gotham | FOX

I didn't know John Doman is in this (if that was him).

Anyway, doesn't look that promising but I stuck with SHIELD so i'll probably stick with this too.

And this looks to be the worst reenactment of the Wayne family killing so far :rolleyes:

September to December SHIELD or January to present SHIELD? There's a big difference in quality between the two.

Not many have actually stuck around till post December. SHIELD went from 20M viewers to 5M weekly in the first 3 months.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Not many have actually stuck around till post December. SHIELD went from 20M viewers to 5M weekly in the first 3 months.

That is because the first few episodes are shit.

• Community Manager

SHIELD trailer was okay but it exposed the flaws of the early episodes; it was too dependent on using the "Marvel" brand, it was underwhelming, the team wasn't that interesting, and the case presented didn't really stand out.

The Gotham trailer is a lot better but once again it has its own flaws: it doesn't tell us what Gotham will be beyond the pilot, it's a lot of style but little substance, and ultimately it's once again dependent on the "Batman" brand.

• Like 2

SHIELD trailer was okay but it exposed the flaws of the early episodes; it was too dependent on using the "Marvel" brand, it was underwhelming, the team wasn't that interesting, and the case presented didn't really stand out.

The Gotham trailer is a lot better but once again it has its own flaws: it doesn't tell us what Gotham will be beyond the pilot, it's a lot of style but little substance, and ultimately it's once again dependent on the "Batman" brand.

I look forward to the series. I haven't been a fan of the "CW" series since Smallville(season 1-4), but I like these more realistic series. It works great most of the time.

This looks like shit. The trailer has a scene that attempts to rip off the part in Batman Begins where Gordon consoles Bruce. Problem is, Ben McKenzie is no Gary Oldman. Not even close.

Rip off is a bit strong. I assume that's how they first meet in the comics, so it makes sense for them to include it in the show. It would be very hard for the show to stay in the same universe but avoid anything that was used/discussed in the movies
  • Like 1

http://www.slashfilm.com/gotham-burning-questions/

The first thing was starting with Jim Gordon, who is the most human and real and normal person in the DC pantheon. What would the city of Gotham look like to a young rookie cop coming into this world? And that’s where we calibrated. This is a world that’s going to become that familiar world of Batman, but it’s not there yet. It’s an embryo. A lot of the work was reverse engineering the story to look at what these characters were like when younger. Penguin, for instance, is not a powerful gang leader, he’s a gofer for a gangster. It’s about giving the world room to grow, but at the same time giving the fun and pleasure and drama of that heightened world. One of the great things about the Batman world is [the characters] have no super powers. Nobody flies or leaps over buildings. You start with psychology and that’s where we build from.

Rip off is a bit strong. I assume that's how they first meet in the comics, so it makes sense for them to include it in the show. It would be very hard for the show to stay in the same universe but avoid anything that was used/discussed in the movies

That isn't how they meet in the comics. They meet as adults.

Everything I've seen of this has underwhelmed me, but Bleeding Cool praised the pilot episode quite a bit.

So first things first. It’s better than Flash. And Constantine. And Arrow. And Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. It’s the best TV pilot based on an English language comic book I’ve seen. I’m serious, and so is this show. This is not a place for humour.

Grimmer, dirtier and less slick that CSI, this isn’t The Wire but at points it’s not too far from The Shield. The city looks like a proper city, as with Nolan, but you do get a plenty of Tim Burton gothic madness. Take the precinct. You accept it in the show… but could you ever actually work here?

And that’s the show. Crime fans should love it, it appears elegant and grim and pervasive. And the comic fans will love the references that get dropped – but be warned this happens far fewer times than with Flash, Arrow or Constantine. It’s not that kind of show and chances to stuff in easter eggs are dropped.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/11/bleeding-cool-has-watched-the-pilot-episode-of-gotham-and-we-bring-screencaps/