#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

What if it breaks the October record!?

Hmm 

17.5 million Friday

23 million Saturday

14 million Sunday 

54.5 million 3-day OW

Yeah, that's not impossible considering the buzz, WOM, star power, and the lack of any sci-fi competition for a month previous and going forward.

That would give it a running shot at $250 million with the kind of legs its Oscar buzz will probably bring it

Hmm 

17.5 million Friday

23 million Saturday

14 million Sunday 

54.5 million 3-day OW

Yeah, that's not impossible considering the buzz, WOM, star power, and the lack of any sci-fi competition for a month previous and going forward.

That would give it a running shot at $250 million with the kind of legs its Oscar buzz will probably bring it

Gravity is going to do massive numbers in Imax, so I can't see it dropping more than 35% on sunday. Actaually I wouldn't be surprised at all, by a drop in the 25% range, if WOM spreads fast.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

Gravity is going to do massive numbers in Imax, so I can't see it dropping more than 35% on Sunday Actaully I wouldn't be surprised at all, by a drop in the 25% range, if WOM spreads fast.

I was being EXTREMELY conservative but I could see $60-$65 million OW if it gets an A+ CinemaScore and a $25 million opening day

Batfleck can not open a movie.

Do you think if you put Clooney in Runner Runner it would open higher?  Concept really isn't all that appealing.

• Like 3

I was being EXTREMELY conservative but I could see $60-$65 million OW if it gets an A+ CinemaScore and a $25 million opening day

I guess it would be closer to 70m with a $25m OD, but that's a very big number, i doubt it could go that high. More like high teens, maybe low 20s.

• Like 1

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, a lot of people were expecting under 30m a week ago, so 40m would be an amazing result. October record would be extra gravy but it doesn't have to get there to be a huge success.  

It's all about the legs baby  B)

• Like 6