#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

3D for Gravity seems to be to be more inline with James Cameron's vision than the cash grabs we've been seeing lately from studios.  I'm very excited to see this in 3D IMAX this weekend. As for the record breaking weekend.  After seeing some solid original sci-fi films take huge hits this summer domestically.  It's refreshing that an original sci-fi film is doing this good.  Can't wait to see it. 

Edited by filmscholar

3D for Gravity seems to be to be more inline with James Cameron's vision than the cash grabs we've been seeing lately from studios.  I'm very excited to see this in 3D IMAX this weekend. As for the record breaking weekend.  After seeing some solid original sci-fi films take huge hits this summer domestically.  It's refreshing that an original sci-fi film is doing this good.  Can't wait to see it.

There's so many reasons it's refreshing to see this do well. Original, scifi, unique, almost experimental, big budget filmmaking that's not just a dumb action movie, genre that's male dominated led by a female...and freaking Alfonso Cuaron getting his box office due after Children of men didn't make nearly as much as it deserved???I love this is breaking out and there's so many reasons why???because it's just an atypical blockbuster in many ways.