Cmasterclay

Tuesday Numbers- Gravity 4 Million (ERC)

More kids were out of school on Monday than I thought or the Canadian holiday was really big. I guess rth can sort it out for us.

I'm Canadian but forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought most school's didn't celebrate Columbus day as a national holiday anymore? I was probably the Canadian Thanksgiving. 

• Like 2

I'm Canadian but forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought most school's didn't celebrate Columbus day as a national holiday anymore? I was probably the Canadian Thanksgiving. 

I think you are correct. My daughter had school. But I think there are a few schools that celebrate it somewhere in the US. 

And I think you are probably right about the Canadian thanksgiving.

Gravity's drops for the last three days have been in line with other movies. This isn't the next Avatar. 40% Tue to Tuesday drop means that the weekend drop will be in the 33% range - so about $29-30 million weekend is coming up.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Oh ok. You are talking about the Tues-Tues drop. You are surprised even though it had in inflated Monday?

Inflated Monday wouldn't have made a difference for that. Cloudy's Tues-Tues drop was only 18% despite dropping 72%.

• Founder / Operator

Shawn, here are numbers I ran yesterday after the Monday numbers came in.  Too low for Friday?

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday-Sun

$28.6m 3rd weekend.  

OR

Mon 6.2

Tue 4.5

Wed 3.6

Thur 3.2

Fri-Sun

$30.5m 3rd weekend.

That second set looks pretty solid to me. I do think Friday will come in a bit stronger but I want to see how Wed/Thu "recover" from the skewed start to the week before finalizing my #. Overall though, I think we're looking at no less than $31m. Maybe as much as $34-35m, best case scenario.