The Hangover Part II

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate The Hangover Part II

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Of course it's being judged because it's a sequel. Most of these jokes were either copied from or similarly used in the original. The new jokes this movie offered weren't funny. 

If comedy is about surprising me, then The Hangover surprised me pretty much from start to finish. Hangover Part II didn't surprise me whatsoever. 

• Like 3

One of my least favorite movies of all time- annoying, mean-spirited, and centered on only two types of jokes: "haha, Alan is fat and awkward" and "haha, being drunk equals being funny," both of which are the worst kind of comedy. Even if it wasn't a repeat of the pretty damn great first one, which it was, the original didn't resort to these lame-ass jokes. This movie makes That's My Boy look like the Godfather. 

• Like 2

Grade: C

Suffers from being a blatant rehash of the first script with literally next to nothing new added to the characters to make them more interesting. The original is great and it's clear this film was only made because of the response audiences gave it. This is an accidental franchise. 

Decent for what it is: a throwaway comedy that's more concerned with developing outrageous humor than an intriguing storyline or characters. This would be fine if the humor really hit, but it was spotty here.

C+

Gopher nailed it: the first Hangover kept viewers on their toes, while the sequel followed it so closely that plot twists and jokes could be seen coming from a mile away.

I remember when Liam Neeson was originally cameoing as the tattoo artist. Todd Phillips said he cut out a separate scene that followed Neeson's scene and that he felt obliged to cut out Neeson as well. I am totally confused as to why that scene following that Neeson scene was necessary for the Neeson scene and also why he cut it out?

Edited by Jay Beezy

Pretty mean spirited and unessarily gross. Todd Phillips thought grosser meant funnier. It was funny when I was 17 in a crowded theater, but now, no. A good joke here and there, the PF Changs gets me for some reason, but overall lazy, mean, and some elements I really didnt need to see or hear.

• Like 1