Filmovie

Thursday numbers (page 2) and Bad GrandPa - 1,4 mln MIDNIGHT

It is going to be a hit. And I am not happy about that, since I despise the Jackass films as being an example of everything that is wrong with movies nowdays.

That's where you're wrong. It's movies that you think are similar to Jackass that try to be something they're not, and give you that negative perception. Jackass isn't trying to be the next Star Wars; it's just dumb fun and the people who make the movies are fully aware of it.

THR is comparing Bad Grandpa's midnights with the ones This is The End (2.2M) and We're The Millers (1.7M) had, cos they are targeted to similar audiences.I don't know if that apply or not, but if it is, then Paramount is right expecting just low 20's and not 30+ as rival studios.Any thoughts?

THR is comparing Bad Grandpa's midnights with the ones This is The End (2.2M) and We're The Millers (1.7M) had, cos they are targeted to similar audiences.I don't know if that apply or not, but if it is, then Paramount is right expecting just low 20's and not 30+ as rival studios.Any thoughts?

Not a good comparison at all. Those films were released in the summer. Jackass was released when School is in session so midnight numbers tend to smaller.

I see Bad Grandpa having bigger legs than the other Jackass movies. This one is supposedly pretty tame compared to those.

I don't think being tame or not has anything to do with legs.

The fans show up once, and they don't tend to show up again.

Edited by Fancyarcher

I actually know quite a few people who saw BP last night. Not surprised if it hits 30+

Is Bad Grandpa going to win BP? ;)

I see Bad Grandpa doing better than these midnight numbers suggest; I think it'll have great walkup business.

• Like 1

Based on early Friday numbers, the R-rated film is pacing to open in the $10 million range, a major disappointment considering Scott's pedigree and stars Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Javier Bardem and Brad Pitt.

• Like 1