ecstasy

Wkd Est. BP 32m Grav 20.4m CP 11.8m TC 8m CWCM 6.1m (#s on pg 1)

Goffe that is very low for Free Birds, why so Low?

because it looks cheap and terrible? and I think FB is only opening that high because it's the first animation in two months

Edited by Goffe

I think we are past actors of this age being a draw.  They have to be in a film that has an interersting concept.  I haven't seen many commercials for LV and the concept of it doesn't really sound like something I'd want to spend 12 bucks on so I'd be surprised if it opened well.  10-12 mill imo.  Ender's Game looks like another John Carter to me.  I don't really see the appeal of it.  Free Birds is animation of some kind so it should resonate with kids...so it should open well.

Eh, I think on their own they aren't a draw, but together they definitely are. I mean the two biggest names in the cast (De Niro and Freeman) have somehow never been in a film together. Add in Kline and Douglas and I think it'll have a decent opening of 20-ish and then strong legs to a 100M.

The issue with Ender's Game is that it looks too mature for kids and too immature for adults. As such, a bomb is predictable but I have no idea how bad currently haha.

Free Birds should open well (25-30M) and have an average drop next week thanks to Thor stealing some of its audience and then will drop off the face of the earth once Frozen opens. 90M at best run.

from BOM:

In the month of October, nine movies debuted at over 1,500 locations. Five of those titles opened below $10 million—Runner Runner, Machete Kills, Escape Plan, The Fifth Estate and The Counselor. Even with a huge hit like Gravity out there, that kind of consistent failure is going to lead to a depressed marketplace. In fact, this was the first weekend of the month that was up year-over-year (the Top 12 was up 17 percent to $94.8 million), and overall October business is going to fall way short of record levels.

'Last Vegas' trailer got huge laughs @ my 'Last stand' showing

I hope it does good. looks like they had fun making it

With 30% weekend drops (which will get worse once Thor and CF come out), I don't know if Gravity still has any real chance to beat MOS. And if it does, it better fucking reach $300m after that

I really hope it beats MoS Totally deserves it (still cant believe this flick grossed that much)

At least WW its not a question

Edited by Leyla