ecstasy

Wkd Est. BP 32m Grav 20.4m CP 11.8m TC 8m CWCM 6.1m (#s on pg 1)

Might be a tiny bit against the grain, but that's a little lower than I thought for Grandpa and higher than I though for Counselor, considering no buzz.

The cast is enough to get it over 10mil. And it's lower than I thought for Grandpa too, but not altogether surprising as theaters were over-playing the trailer. As of three to four weeks ago, the trailer was no longer funny to most people. 

Edited by tonytr87

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/finke-jackass-bad-grandpa-kicks-up-giant-1-4m-from-late-shows/

It was no surprise that Thursday 9 PM late shows and Friday midnight screenings grossed a gigantic $1.4 million for Paramount’s Jackass: Bad Grandpa. Never underestimate the taste of the moviegoing public. My sources estimate this crapfest will end the weekend an easy #1 with low- to mid-$20sM from 3,336 theaters. “Not bad for a film that cost $15M,” a studio exec tells me. Warner Bros’ Gravity fell from atop the domestic box office for 3  straight weeks to #2 and probably high teens to low $20sM. Twentieth Century Fox’s Ridley Scott vanity project The Counselor (3,044 theaters) should only open to a meager $10M for the weekend.

Edited by grim22

Bad GrandpaBad GrandpaBad GrandpaBad GrandpaHe drives across the nationThe senior of sinHe got the custody papersShe just sent inIt needs evaluationSo let the games beginA heinous crime, a bunch of beerSome stripping would be nice, I fearBad GrandpaBad GrandpaBad GrandpaHe's badThe Social Workers of GoodAre watching, so bewareThe grade that he receivesWill be his last, they swearSo Bad Grandpa, make them gleefulOr they'll make you lose your care. . .He's saddled upThere's no grandma"It's Hi-Ho Silver,"Screamed Bad Grandpa

Yeah, I'm a bit tired... :P

• Like 1

Watch the Daredevil director's cut. It is a completely different movie, and one which can easily be included among the better comic book movies ever.

Allow me to disagree. It still sucks. Affleck and Garner still fight in a playground.
  • Like 3

Allow me to disagree. It still sucks. Affleck and Garner still fight in a playground.

Yes, but Daredevil does not let a crime happen just because he wants to get laid. And the little character development scenes, such as the one with him needing a sensory deprivation tank just to sleep, and the fact that he accept that he is just a man and cannot possible save every single person (and all of this without dialogue) is brilliant. The love story is cut out almost completely in the director's cut and it is a much much better movie because of that. Character motivations are made clearer, the plotholes are fixed and scenes actually flow logically from one to the next.

It's like...Daredevil directors cut was a good idea on paper...but was...completely botched in execution. Then they took a good idea with bad execution,man turned it into a bad idea with bad execution.Sucks either way. IMO. I'd rather watch Ghost Rider.

• Like 2

It's like...Daredevil directors cut was a good idea on paper...but was...completely botched in execution. Then they took a good idea with bad execution,man turned it into a bad idea with bad execution.Sucks either way. IMO. I'd rather watch Ghost Rider.

Will have to agree to disagree then.

I hate Ghost Rider, and can't stand the Daredevil theatrical cut, but the Director's cut of DD, for me at least, is one of the best Marvel comics movies.

Will have to agree to disagree then. I hate Ghost Rider, and can't stand the Daredevil theatrical cut, but the Director's cut of DD, for me at least, is one of the best Marvel comics movies.

Yes indeed, you're not alone in your opinion DD DC (that's more Ds than my last visit to the peeler bar). It's got its fans.That being said...you're wrong. :P

For the box office in general.

I'd say the lack of a real horror breakout hit this month is lacking, so I get ya. Carrie, you failed.

I wouldn't call Carrie a failure, but I get what you're saying. It sure didn't break out.

Instead of blaming Carrie, blame the studios. Why was there only 1 horror release in the month of October, while there are currently 3 scheduled for January?