Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Finally got around to watching the new full trailer and I was pleased. It looks like it's going to have the potential to deliver.

JJ is clearly still using the OT Trek films as his template cause in ST:III the Enterprise gets blown up with the crew abandoned on Planet Genesis.

I had thought Klingons were playing a larger role in this one, the trailers didn't seem to have any. Not even the ones like we saw during Into Darkness. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

not a good poster, Chris pine is too big, he can't sell the movie. Simon Pegg is on the poster but not fan favorite Karl Urban, weird no reference for IMAX

lol Pine is the lead.

Since trailer views were being discussed in a separate thread, I looked up the new trailer and it is really weak in the views department. Roughly 4.5M views from the top 3 Youtube channels in the past 4 days. The first trailer had more than double that within this time.

• Like 1

This movie will be a love letter to the franchise, beloved by the fans, misunderstood by the masses & the basic critics who don't give a flying fuck about those characters a movies anyway, for the most part.

3 hours ago, The Futurist said:

This movie will be a love letter to the franchise, beloved by the fans, misunderstood by the masses & the basic critics who don't give a flying fuck about those characters a movies anyway, for the most part.

Dirtbike aside...it does kinda look like it might be a love letter to OG Star Trek...not TNG you fucking nerds...but OG...

I hope so.  I hope it fun, and dorky in all the right ways.  I hope if it is, it sells too.

• Like 2