film2kz

Real Friday numbers (starting pg 5) (BD1 5.5 Muppets 2.73, Hugo 2.005)

COME ON, HUGO! DEFEND THE FUTURE FOR QUALITY FAMILY MOVIES!

Jack & Jill's drops negate it. Hugo needs to pulverize that POS and actually hopefully most movies can make it past that. Although Alvin is as much crap as J&J it's going to be raking so might as well have it kill Jack but it'll probably be Jack which gets the best drop, :rolleyes:

Okay, Muppets is disappointing me. I thought it would recover from its weekdays and a -77% drop from last Friday is just unacceptable. I don't know if it's actually frontloaded, but it's not making much more than 100 million now. Edit: 56m after this weekend means it might not reach 100m entirely. Damn it. Go Hugo!

Edited by Gopher

It's a surprisingly good hold for "Breaking Dawn" compared to "New Moon" back in 2009, but keep in mind, that the latter had stronger competition with "Blind Side". Let's see, if "Breaking Dawn" is able to top "New Moon"s holds next weekend, when it'll face direct competiton with "New Year's Eve".Poor for "The Muppets", okay for the other family movies. There's hope for some big jumps tomorrow. Go Arthur, just 3 weeks left until christmas, fight for some screens over the holidays."Immortals" is showing some decent late legs.

Edited by Poseidon

Okay, Muppets is disappointing me. I thought it would recover from its weekdays and a -77% drop from last Friday is just unacceptable. I don't know if it's actually frontloaded, but it's not making much more than 100 million now.Go Hugo!

Predictions were way overboard, though. Just like Tron Legacy last December. Disney's marketing machine can only get a demographically challenged movie so far. I'd say that it's performing a bit above expectations. Legacy was disappointing because without 3D it would've lost to King's Speech as well as True Grit and maybe even Black Swan, but I forget what BS made.
  • Like 1

With BD's Friday jump, it is possible that it has a better jump than NM as well on Saturday. 290 is not out of the questions. 300 is not dead either.And Shawn, when you say that there will be some big jumps for family films today, how much do you expect? Anything more than 100% seems unlikely imo.

With BD's Friday jump, it is possible that it has a better jump than NM as well on Saturday. 290 is not out of the questions. 300 is not dead either. And Shawn, when you say that there will be some big jumps for family films today, how much do you expect? Anything more than 100% seems unlikely imo.

If this hits 300M, Noctis will have a heart attack.
  • Like 1

With BD's Friday jump, it is possible that it has a better jump than NM as well on Saturday. 290 is not out of the questions. 300 is not dead either.And Shawn, when you say that there will be some big jumps for family films today, how much do you expect? Anything more than 100% seems unlikely imo.

Tangled and MM did almost 100% last year.. HP did 55%..I think BD will be closer to HP

If BD1 makes 16m this weekend, the gap between it and New Moon will only be 6.5m, and with a 3m higher third weekend I think it should easily be able to cover that gap.

With a 5,5 mill friday 16 mill should happen