film2kz

Real Friday numbers (starting pg 5) (BD1 5.5 Muppets 2.73, Hugo 2.005)

This is what Rachael is saying:Early Friday returns at the domestic box office suggest potential horse race between "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn -- Part I" and "The Muppets," with Summit's vampire franchise having the edge with $14 million to $15 million, compared to an estimated $13 million for the Disney family pic.So she gives no Friday numbers, she just tells us what each film should make. This might as well be a prediction.

Great great drop for Hugo if true; the others...disappointing. Especially Muppets.

Don't fret, there's a whole weekend ahead that she can't account for. :D

So Variety has joined the 'I should be the first to post Friday numbers' game.

Yes.We should just make our own post here at about 8:30 pm EST and call it "BOT weekends numbers based on what we think". It'll be about as accurate as these ones are.

My theater was dead tonight. The lobby was practically empty. My showing of The Descendants had an OK-size crowd but I can kind of see why the rest of the theater was so dead- 80% of the screens are taken up by kids' films. There's not much for adults right now and who brings their kids to the movies at night?

My theater was dead tonight. The lobby was practically empty. My showing of The Descendants had an OK-size crowd but I can kind of see why the rest of the theater was so dead- 80% of the screens are taken up by kids' films. There's not much for adults right now and who brings their kids to the movies at night?

Adults can always see BD1 again and help it cross $300 mio. :P