CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

Amazing Spiderman 2 daily grosses in India:

Previews: 0.5 crore

Thursday: 10.0 crore

Friday: 8.5 crore

Saturday: 10.0 crore

Sunday: 11.0 crore (projected)

Total: 40 crore ($6.6m)

It should finish with 80 crore, roughly the same as TASM.

Edited by Fake

More like 800 M WW thanks to Asia. 

I don't see how.  China might do 100 mill, which is about 50 mill more than last time.

North America will do about 220-230, about 30-40 less than last time.

It won't hit 800.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

It seems to be making more in Asia overall than TASM did, Brazil same thing, China is gonna be huge, it will more then make up for the disappointing performance overall in Europe, domestic will decrease. I can see it.

Yep it started stronger than the last installment but there is a long way to go to reach and pass $550M overseas...that's FF6 territory and those numbers were done by overperforming and increasing significantly in every country..

Here you have TASM2 opening low in certain markets, very good in others, then having bad legs.  

Asia opened greatly and could compensate the underwhelming european take but it needs great legs in Asia to really be able to not only compensate but soar above the $550M. 

And with competition coming round the  corner, i don't see it generating that kind of revenues..

I mean, i think, it will be around $250 - $260M  foreign this weekend and will need another $300+M to reach the likes of $570M to have a chance to reach $800M ww...

And don't forget that this is its third weekend in a lot of markets, it will already lose a lot of theater counts by next weekend just like CA2 was out of my cinema after a whole 3 weeks only... to make room for Spidey.

So basicly  it is running out of steam in Europe where you could add maybe another $50M.  It needs at the very least another $270M more in Asia and South America.

I just don't see it at this point.

• Like 3

I don't see it passing the first one either.  I think it has a very good chance at 700 but beyond that, cloudy the future is.

• Like 1

For example, it's going to decline by about 15 mill in Japan.  One market, sure, but they all add up.

I agree with baumer. In South America is not doing amazing. It's trailing TWS almost everywhere. Even if it does $5m more than TASM in Brazil as some people say on the Brazil thread, in Argentina it will finish with around $4m less than TASM. It opened in Peru this weekend in second under a local comedy, doing less than TASM. It also opened in Chile under the first one. Not even Labor Day boost was enough to save Spidey in South America.
  • Like 2

TASM2 may maintain TASM1 total WW which is pretty good despite the fact that the movie got mixed responses even from its fans. Some territories broke records but those are minor territories: Brazil, Mexico, Korea, Europe seems to flatline. Unless it makes more than $100M in China (which is still a possibility), it may not go near that $800M WW. As far as GODZILLA's rampage, it may decelerate the movie faster, but by next weekend, TASM2 would accumulate 80% of its final WW gross anyway. Sony is smart to release this earlier in late April. It is XM:DOFP that has to contend with the wrath of the Gigantor. Poor XMEN....

The territories where TASM2 broke records unfortunately aren't major. Russia, UK, Australia, Europe, Korea, Mexico+Brazil - all flatline or decline. It's up to China to make the difference but is it enough to push WW to $800M??