CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

Release date is the main reason for it's underperform, too near from Cap 2. Same with Amazing 1 and Dark rises, they could have done more.

Too near?

It had been atleast 3 weeks between CA2 and TASM2, most of us expected that TASM2 would crush CA2 but CA2 had way better WoM, the TASM2 movie wasn't that good and hadn't that good WoM so that just diference in qualety of the films and not in release date. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Too near?

It had been atleast 3 weeks between CA2 and TASM2, most of us expected that TASM2 would crush CA2 but CA2 had way better WoM, the TASM2 movie wasn't that good and hadn't that good WoM so that just diference in qualety of the films and not in release date. 

iI agree with Pepsa.

I live in Brussels and in my UGC cinema, CATWS had to be removed after barely three weeks, three all weeks to give twice as much room to Spider-Man.

I never saw this with any of the previous marvel Phase 2 movie.  Just like I never saw a phase two movie being released without having advertisment, nor poster no nothing...the little poster above the movie was released during the night before the release day...i know it  cause i went to have my ticket the day before and asked the employee if it was gonna be released cause there were no mention of it, no poster no nothing...other countries have experienced the same.

So CATWS has been pulled out of my cinema while it was barely starting to be known for the general audience that it was out.

If anything it's CATWS that should have been hit hard and not Spider Man, the Marvel favourite hero whose multiple big posters, TV spots were everywhere to be seen 4 weeks already before its release.

• Like 2

iI agree with Pepsa.

I live in Brussels and in my UGC cinema, CATWS had to be removed after barely three weeks, three all weeks to give twice as much room to Spider-Man.

I never saw this with any of the previous marvel Phase 2 movie.  Just like I never saw a phase two movie being released without having advertisment, nor poster no nothing...the little poster above the movie was released during the night before the release day...i know it  cause i went to have my ticket the day before and asked the employee if it was gonna be released cause there were no mention of it, no poster no nothing...other countries have experienced the same.

So CATWS has been pulled out of my cinema while it was barely starting to be known for the general audience that it was out.

If anything it's CATWS that should have been hit hard and not Spider Man, the Marvel favourite hero whose multiple big posters, TV spots were everywhere to be seen 4 weeks already before its release.

Totaly true.

Just put on the televion and you see spiderman every were, I didn't saw one spot of CA2 on tv. I think they might launch a great campain with the avengers2 (I hope so) because this marketing campain of CA2 was bad, very bad. (In Belgium). In comparision TASM2 gets a lot of marketing budget here. To win there lost money back in Belgium, it will be much harder for Spidey because of the expensive marketing campain. 

Edited by pepsa
  • Like 1

Talking about Cap being too near SIMPLY because of the fact it's a superhero movie, and then, what, a month after, a new superhero movie? It has nothing to do with quality, it's just that, it might be too close to Cap, not everyone is going to see two superhero movies in one month. 

• Like 1

Talking about Cap being too near SIMPLY because of the fact it's a superhero movie, and then, what, a month after, a new superhero movie? It has nothing to do with quality, it's just that, it might be too close to Cap, not everyone is going to see two superhero movies in one month. 

It has to do with qualety and TASM2 isn't that good. You will see, all indicators will say the ASM2 isn't as good as CA2. So, they should need to make a better movie, cause spiderman is awesome but these movies aren't that awesome. 

• Like 4

Too near?It had been atleast 3 weeks between CA2 and TASM2, most of us expected that TASM2 would crush CA2 but CA2 had way better WoM, the TASM2 movie wasn't that good and hadn't that good WoM so that just diference in qualety of the films and not in release date.

If Captain 2 wasn't released in this year, Do you think Spider 2 would open lower than first? I think no, good WoM is equal good legs, not for OW, I think.

It has to do with qualety and TASM2 isn't that good. You will see, all indicators will say the ASM2 isn't as good as CA2. So, they should need to make a better movie, cause spiderman is awesome but these movies aren't that awesome. 

THIS!

Edited by bapi

If Captain 2 wasn't released in this year, Do you think Spider 2 would open lower than first? I think no, good WoM is equal good legs, not for OW, I think.

OW is also by WoM of the first one... And that WoM of TASM wasn't that great at all, so that why we don't see an increase. And ofc a bit of fatigue.

• Like 1

OW is also by WoM of the first one... And that WoM of TASM wasn't that great at all, so that why we don't see an increase. And ofc a bit of fatigue.

Maybe, GI Joe and Transformers had worse WoM than Amazing Spider and sequels had an increase.

It's gonna be huge too here in Indonesia. In the theater that I usually go to, this weekend TASM2 has 37 showtimes in one day!

That is good new, hope we got an increase for TASM2 in the rest of azia.

• Like 1

Release date is the main reason for it's underperform, too near from Cap 2. Same with Amazing 1 and Dark rises, they could have done more.

Spider-Man has always been a way stronger brand than almost any other super-hero ever created. If anything, under normal circumstances we would be talking about how TASM2 would be killing Captain America's legs everywhere.

The problem is with the project of TASM2 itself. Any other factor could still be an issue, but nothing serious enough to hurt its BO so bad.

Spider-Man has always been a way stronger brand than almost any other super-hero ever created. If anything, under normal circumstances we would be talking about how TASM2 would be killing Captain America's legs everywhere.

The problem is with the project of TASM2 itself. Any other factor could still be an issue, but nothing serious enough to hurt its BO so bad.

But TASM2 is killing Captain's legs: -68.7% in Japan, -63.3% in italy... I still think Captain hurt a bit Spider's gross. Generally people will not watch two films of superheroes in the same month.