CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

Thanks to Golden Week holiday in Japan, after 12 days, TASM2 made 1.97b Yen ($19.3m).

For comparison, TASM:

10-day total - 1.65b Yen ($20.8m)

17-day total - 2.17b Yen ($27.4m)

Looks like TASM2 is ahead of TASM in yen at this point, but the holidays are over for TASM2, while it's just starting for TASM.

Edited by catlover

It's going to be close.  It's not seeing a lot of growth in many of the markets where it's ahead and the markets it's behind are quite significant.  China will add about 30-40 mill more than the first but it will lose about 40-50 in North America. 

It's going to be close.  It's not seeing a lot of growth in many of the markets where it's ahead and the markets it's behind are quite significant.  China will add about 30-40 mill more than the first but it will lose about 40-50 in North America. 

I doubt it will increase even OS.

215m + 485m = 700m is what I see it finishing with.

• Like 3

Why? The decreases in some markets aren't really huge. The increases though are significant in some.

It is decreasing in almost every market. Only China is showing a significant jump.

Even though some other markets have opened better than TASM, the competition from Godzilla and X-Men will prevent it from having much higher totals.

• Like 1

It's dropped in Japan and in places like Russia, SK, Germany and UK it's not going up that much.  There are some smaller markets where it's increasing but I don't think it will be enough to hit 500.

It's dropped in Japan and in places like Russia, SK, Germany and UK it's not going up that much.  There are some smaller markets where it's increasing but I don't think it will be enough to hit 500.

We will know this Sunday. If it's under $400m forget about an increase because Godzilla is going to kill Spidey next Thursday

China will be up by 30-35 mill. That covers alot B ;)