grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Wow, so Thor actually increased a bit. I guess the movie is going to play like a family movie.I actually had to change seats three (3) times in the theater I was because of noisy kids (part of the reason I generally avoid family movies in theaters).$86M will be a very strong opening to a movie I found very disappointing. It could have been so much more IMO.

No offense to Portman, but I kinda would have liked to see Jaime Alexander play the role of Jane instead of Sif. I feel she and Hemsworth have more on-screen chemistry.

they should have just gone all the way with Thor/Sif :wub:

hey Clef Ment have fun here!

good #s

I wanted over 90 tho :(

Edited by Leyla

What's the Saturday number for Thor? I'm assuming 31.6-ish but which page? Title needs to be updated :(

I guess it's too early to tell if this excellent hold is due to good WOM or because kids are out of school... hopefully both :).

• Like 1

Awesome Saturday - with a solid Monday holiday hold it will hit. 100 on Tuesday not bad

And Tuesdays are still half-price these days? So that'll help it as well. I'm scared for the Wednesday drop at this point  :ph34r: ...

Solid Saturday number makes me think I was right in believing that American reviews made GA slightly weary of rushing out for TDW and decided to wait it out for early WOM.

Nikki was saying although TDW got a Cinema Score of A-, it was scoring better than that among younger audiences. Although that bode well for a good Sat increase over Friday day business, i did not think it would stay flat from Fri + md (as I understand it, Fri estimates were moved up from 31.6 to 31.85?). That is just excellent  :D .

Looking forward to the demo (age/gender) breakdown after the weekend is over. That'll be telling as to how well this holds up agains CF.

• Like 1

And Tuesdays are still half-price these days? So that'll help it as well. I'm scared for the Wednesday drop at this point :ph34r: ...Nikki was saying although TDW got a Cinema Score of A-, it was scoring better than that among younger audiences. Although that bode well for a good Sat increase over Friday day business, i did not think it would stay flat from Fri + md (as I understand it, Fri estimates were moved up from 31.6 to 31.85?). That is just excellent :D .Looking forward to the demo (age/gender) breakdown after the weekend is over. That'll be telling as to how well this holds up agains CF.

Have to wait for weekend breakdown, but there's an article mentioning that female percentage is 48% (for OD only I guess)