grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Chewy,

Sometime back I remember folks telling "thorki" factor is as good as RDJ as Loki benefited most from Avengers. May be its true for some OS markets but not true for domestic.

I don't think anyone really said "thorki" was anywhere near as popular as RDJ. Just that it's way more popular now than in 2011. Although maybe a few did, Idk

As long as it opens bigger and grosses more than the first one. It's a win. Stop the madness.

And there is no IM3 effect. I guess if Thor is suffering from it, then Captain America will too.

Thor was never gonna be a huge blockbuster like IM. It just wasn't. There was no way it could go from a 60m opening weekend to a some ridiculous 120.  It's a lovely thought but it just wasn't happening.

• Like 1

Looking at several 300M+ predictions obviously people believed thor is at upper tier for sure.

I wonder if this will bring some perspective to CA2 potential. Though I believe that can do more than Thor 2. I am thinking 10-15% more than Thor2 in domestic but 30% lower in OS.

Sure. Just look at the clubs, lol. I think Cap has the potential to break out big.

Looking at several 300M+ predictions obviously people believed thor is at upper tier for sure.

I wonder if this will bring some perspective to CA2 potential. Though I believe that can do more than Thor 2. I am thinking 10-15% more than Thor2 in domestic but 30% lower in OS.

CA2 should do around 200m-220m. 

???

When has anyone ever even come close to arguing that?

I think it's mostly when people say "He's the only popular character" that they get the side eye

I get a sense that some people think Hemsworth or Hiddleston are as big of a star as RDJ, which is hilarious but hey, they're fangirls (probably from Tumblr) so ...

Posted Image

I get a sense that some people think Hemsworth or Hiddleston are as big of a star as RDJ, which is hilarious but hey, they're fangirls (probably from Tumblr) so ...

Posted Image

I don't think fangirls think that. They are in their own world with this stuff.

Not many people know Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston by name IRL.

Just came back from thor 2, I enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty good, although not to MOS level, but still well done. It was quite crowed, an estimate of $90 (mill weekend) isn't something to sneeze at, that's pretty good....I hope this movie will do well overall. The ending was surprising though....Dissapointed I left the theater too early forgot about the post credit scenes.... :-(

It looks lot more like avengers than thor does. That might help things.

BTW is hawkeye is in CA2 or not?

No, at least not a big role. Maybe a surprise cameo or something

As long as it opens bigger and grosses more than the first one. It's a win. Stop the madness.

And there is no IM3 effect. I guess if Thor is suffering from it, then Captain America will too.

Thor was never gonna be a huge blockbuster like IM. It just wasn't. There was no way it could go from a 60m opening weekend to a some ridiculous 120.  It's a lovely thought but it just wasn't happening.

Thank you, someone's talking sense. E, you never fail.

• Like 1

As long as it opens bigger and grosses more than the first one. It's a win. Stop the madness. And there is no IM3 effect. I guess if Thor is suffering from it, then Captain America will too. Thor was never gonna be a huge blockbuster like IM. It just wasn't. There was no way it could go from a 60m opening weekend to a some ridiculous 120.  It's a lovely thought but it just wasn't happening.

Hello ECSTACY.I disagree that there is "no IM3 effect" otherwise you have to discount any "Avengers Effect" (who the heck really knows anyway?).However, I wholeheartedly agree that "Thor was never gonna be a huge blockbuster like IM". Just a regular blockbuster, nothing huge about it. Low 200s is a good target. You'd probably just call that "sequel growth".

So if this finishes with 182 M, that's a win? If X-M: DOFP finishes with 147 M, 150 M, 160 M it's also a win?

I also don't think anyone here apart from BKB expected this to be IRON MAN. Most of the predictions are between 90 M - 100 M for the opening and 240 M - 300 M for the total.

And now if those estimates from Nikki and Guru hold, 200 M might not even happen. Of course the numbers can still change, but I'm not sure if "win" would be an apt word considering all factors.

• Like 1

I don't think fangirls think that. They are in their own world with this stuff.

Not many people know Chris Hemsworth or Tom Hiddleston by name IRL.

Some fangirls do think that, though. Not all, obviously, but definitely some. They're surprised when, for example, Hiddleston is left out of lists or something (I've seen it) whereas as you said, unless you're in fandom, you can't name who he is.