grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Apart from the obvious showdowns Mojo will have up for Thor's numbers (Thor 1, Iron man 2 and 3), with a 29-32 Friday what other showdowns would you recommend?(And having just accused Mojo of having obvious showdowns, their Gravity vs. WALL-E one has me a bit baffled: human vs. robot; present vs. future; adult live-action vs. cartoon... is it really because WALL-E went flying about in space on a fire extinguisher?)

Uhhhh, $85m is pretty optimistic....

Probably ... it would have to be on that high end of 31.5 ... and has great hold on Saturday and soft drop on Sunday.  Just did some more calculations ... nope, I have a hard time justifying that high.  80-82 as Futurist said might be closer.

so an opening in the highs 70s to low 80s. It is a decent opening but IMO it shows Avengers effect could possibly be waning. 

I think it's just a matter of Tony Stark being the draw ... the rest are just there as great supporting pieces for the ensemble, and popular singular characters, but not A++ list draws.

I'm slightly disappointed ... but it's still 80+ million for THOR ... and likely 80+ for Captain America. 

Edited by Adam

I think it's just a matter of Tony Stark being the draw ... the rest are just there as great supporting pieces for the ensemble, and popular singular characters, but not A++ list draws.

I'm slightly disappointed ... but it's still 80+ million for THOR ... and likely 80+ for Captain America. 

Thor will not take this standing down. Thor does not support the idea that he be second bananas to a cyborg that he can take down in a few hits.