grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

Yeah coming from THG fanboys. Really not that anticipated.

In no order:

VII

AOU

Batman vs Superman

Iron Man 4

JPIV/Bond 24/ID4-2

THG fanboys? Aren't you the [mod edit] that predicted $850m for ST2? Over 900m for Thor 2? And countless others. 

And you're the biggest Star Wars and Marvel fanboy. 

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN, JURASSIC PARK, INDEPENDENCE DAY 2 MORE ANTICIPATED THAN MJ2?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Neo

Yeah coming from THG fanboys. Really not that anticipated.

In no order:

VII

AOU

Batman vs Superman

Iron Man 4

JPIV/Bond 24/ID4-2

The same could be said of Marvel fanboys thinking their movies are 'most' anticipated.

I guess we then need to define what we're really measuring if we're saying 'anticipation'. Are you guys saying whatever makes the most is deemed 'more anticipated'?

Harvey Weinstein now spoonfeeding Top 10 box office numbers to Deadline Hollywood. Even in exact format. #Embarrassing

[*] 

Oh Nikki, lol.

Harvey Weinstein now spoonfeeding Top 10 box office numbers to Deadline Hollywood. Even in exact format. #Embarrassing

[*] 

Oh Nikki, lol.

lol, I love Nikke.  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

What are you expecting for Saturday and Sunday?

About $28.7m for Saturday, $20.3m for Sunday. Maybe a bit more on Sunday due to Veteran's Day on Mon.

Lol! I hope it doesn't top DH2's overseas gross. But I think it might. Am I the only one who thinks it can? 

Very possible with a good movie. Might have a shot at $1 billion alone from U.S. and China combined by then.

Episode VII will make money, there's no doubt about that. But with the prequels there is reason to be hesitant about the film's quality and Abrams certainly has his detractors.

Decent opening for Thor. The Marvel machine keeps chugging along.

The only thing I disagree with here is that the quality of the prequels really have no bearing on the quality of the new film(s). Different director, different writers, different cast. It's not going to look or feel anything like that prequels and I'd bet everyone involved from top-to-bottom at Lucasfilm and Disney will make sure of that before and during marketing.

That said... I do agree it's always to be cautious. Being different from the prequels doesn't inherently mean it'll be a masterpiece.

Except Star Trek 2009 and the LOTR trilogy were actually well liked.  The poorly received prequel trilogy will have an effect and people seem to be just ignoring that.

I think the big difference with Star Wars, though, is the massive family/kiddie appeal. Trek has never had that, and while LOTR had some, it wasn't/isn't nearly as much as SW.

Edited by ShawnMR

Not everyone is a 28 year old virgin living in their mother's basement, who reads comics all day and watches Star Wars and Jurassic Park on repeat.

Not every person that saw The Hunger Games is craving what happens next . Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

Like Tele said though ... IM3 was probably a 15 million (maybe as much as 20) increase OW from Iron Man 2 if you remove 3D.  Not HUGE bump ... no different than the bump this seems to have gotten.

and that bump was mainly due to the excellent marketing

LOL@ JP IV, ID-4 2, or another fucking Iron Man solo film being more anticipated than the final Hunger Games movie, and I say that with JP 1 and Independence Day as two of my favorite movies ever made. MJ 2 is going to be fucking massive- with a DH2 like finale increase, it could do 450+. I am willing to bet (literally bet) that it does 100 million more than the beloved Hobbit 3.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 7