grim22

Weekend Estimates: Thor TDW 86.1M, Ender 10.25, Free Birds 11.2, Grav 8.4, BG 11.3, Last Vegas 11.1

The same could be said of Marvel fanboys thinking their movies are 'most' anticipated.

I guess we then need to define what we're really measuring if we're saying 'anticipation'. Are you guys saying whatever makes the most is deemed 'more anticipated'?

Lets see a movie coming off a 207M OW and 600M+ DOM also a 175M and 400M+ not anticipating the sequels.

I said potential. Its not a prediction at this point. The books can bring in new fans. We will know for sure once CF2 opens.

to do the kinds of huge numbers many are predicting for Hunger Games. It would have to explode in pretty much every country. Do you really think the books and movie have this kind of gigantic popularity in every country? 

Lets see a movie coming off a 207M OW and 600M+ DOM also a 175M and 400M+ not anticipating the sequels.

True, but that actually gives the sequels more room to drop from their originals. It really wouldn't surprise me if TA2 dropped from the first.

I can't see IM4 doing more than 175M.

to do the kinds of huge numbers many are predicting for Hunger Games. It would have to explode in pretty much every country. Do you really think the books and movie have this kind of gigantic popularity in every country? 

Not every country, but in most yes. Brazil will be huge, the UK and France will be huge. The only real question marks are Japan (which I don't see it being big) and if China can increase from the first in a big way.

True, but that actually gives the sequels more room to drop from their originals. It really wouldn't surprise me if TA2 dropped from the first.

I can't see IM4 doing more than 175M.

Why does this not apply to THG franchis?