Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

Can't wait till Tarzan tanks next summer. Someone should tell studio execs just because we know who the characters are doesn't mean anybody wants a new movie about them. Yes, that someone should be me.

I mean, in Tarzans favor...it's a fun old school Saturday afternoon matinee.

I think the visuals look gorgeous for this. Too bad it sounds like that's probably all it has to offer.

Yep, some visuals are really gorgeous but the tone will probably be way too weird for GA.

And Ham Jackman doesn't do the movie any favors either.

Will a 300 Million break even point,not including marketing and publicity,I think that breaking even is the absolute best case scenario for this film, and IMHO that is very unlikely. Warners will lose money on this one, question is how much.

It will be interesting, in terms of it's lack luster opening overseas, if Warners cuts their lossed and begins to cut back on the huge advertising budget they were planning for this film.

And I think they have pretty much written off a sequel. They will just be overjoyed not to take a bath on this one.

Peter Pan isn't public domain, at least not everywhere. It's under copyright in the UK; in the U.S., the book is public domain (but not the play?) but most adaptations still get permission from Great Ormond Street Hospital and give them royalties. It's in a confusing limbo where it's public domain but not public domain. I have no idea if WB got official permission or not.

The irony is that if this film tanks and people forget about it quickly, Disney can do their own live-action film and nobody will confuse it for this movie. Disney is the only studio who would ever have any success making a live-action Peter Pan movie.

Edited by TServo2049