Neo

Pan | Oct. 9, 2015 | New Trailer on Page 25!

Ah, PAN, where you can watch Garrett Hedlund utterly bomb his INDIANA JONES and YOUNG HAN SOLO auditions at the same time...

— Scott Mendelson (@ScottMendelson) October 4, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No, omg. I love him. Ugh, poor thang's gonna get clocked, dragged, and hanged.

94tTH7F.gif

• Like 2

I actually heard the 2003 movie was better than people say, and gets a bad rap. But I've also heard people say no, it really was awful. I only remember seeing the trailers with that Coldplay song that was effing everywhere in 2003, and I was too enthralled by ROTK to care.

This could be the least divisive of the live-action Peter Pan movies, in that it may end up having the fewest defenders. But who knows?

I really liked the 2003 version when I was 4...

I've noticed a few things in the tv ads.

"From the studio that brought you Harry Potter"

Should be "From the studio that spent 100's of millions to bring you Harry Potter."

And "the story of how Peter got to Neverland"

"We don't have a fucking clue how to market this."

IMHO a Peter Pan "prequel" was a questionable idea from day one.

Joe Wright seems to have been the wrong choice for a director. I like some of his films, but appranly he messed up badly here. Looks a though he tried to make the material more "adult",and "deep" which is a huge mistake .

Yeah, Warners is going to take a bath on this one.

And Rooney Mara is going to have to stop giving her sister a bad time about starring in a big flop film,now that Rooney has one of her own.

Peter Pan isn't public domain, at least not everywhere. It's under copyright in the UK; in the U.S., the book is public domain (but not the play?) but most adaptations still get permission from Great Ormond Street Hospital and give them royalties. It's in a confusing limbo where it's public domain but not public domain. I have no idea if WB got official permission or not.

The irony is that if this film tanks and people forget about it quickly, Disney can do their own live-action film and nobody will confuse it for this movie. Disney is the only studio who would ever have any success making a live-action Peter Pan movie.

Both the book and the play are in public domain in the U.S..Peter Pan was originally a play;after the huge sucess of the play Barrie turned it into a novel in 1911,in a early example of a Novelization.

But, yeah, the copyright is a confusing mess.Apprently in the UK, Because it's a Hospital known for it's charity work  owns the copyright and gets  royalties, Parliament tried to to give it a special "extension" of Copyright ,since by standard Copyright law it would have gone into Public Domain in the UK in the early 90's.

Edited by dudalb

I'm sure it suffices as a fall family film. Just probably not as anything else. 

And you just don't spend 150 Million on a film that will just "suffice".

Agreed it is not getting the kind of panning (no pun intended) that Fantastic 4 got,but still, I think it needed a good critical reception to spark some interest in a film that simply did not look that good,and not getting a good reception will hurt it, though it not being ripped to shreds.

The more I hear of the details of the film, the more I wonder how the hell Warners green lighted it, let alone spend 150 Million on it. Seems like a total trashing of the Barrie charecters to turn it into just another CGI fantasy adventure. No wonder it seems destined to bomb.

• Like 1

The more I hear of the details of the film, the more I wonder how the hell Warners green lighted it, let alone spend 150 Million on it. Seems like a total trashing of the Barrie charecters to turn it into just another CGI fantasy adventure. No wonder it seems destined to bomb.

Probably thought families will flock to it no matter what.

• Like 1