Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yea but it can't be a major measure for box office success. I mean look at where GoTG 2 is on that list and people are predicting it will make more that a few of the movies that are above it on that list. I just don't think those stats can be trusted at all.

Oh, yeah. I was about to comment that, it's really weird to see GOTG2 so low on this list, maybe it will be another IM2 situation? In any case, social medias, especially Twitter, are way better when comes to original stuff than with sequels, if you see an original movie doing great numbers there, you can be sure that it will be big, Deadpool and Suicide Squad were the two most talked movies last year, and they both ended way above expectations, there's also Pets that had massive numbers on Twitter, and ended as a big break out, in a small case there's Don't Breath, one of the most talked Horror movies in the plataform, and it ended really well if you ask me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Oh, yeah. I was about to comment that, it's really weird to see GOTG2 so low on this list, maybe it will be another IM2 situation? In any case, social medias, especially Twitter, are way better when comes to original stuff than with sequels, if you see an original movie doing great numbers there, you can be sure that it will be big, Deadpool and Suicide Squad were the two most talked movies last year, and they both ended way above expectations, there's also Pets that had massive numbers on Twitter, and ended as a big break out, in a small case there's Don't Breath, one of the most talked Horror movies in the plataform, and it ended really well if you ask me.

I dunno man could it be that those movies were huge box office wise despite it's online buzz? I mean if we were to put those movies with huge online buzz in a time where the interent wasn't as huge say back in the early 2000's don't you think those movies would have still gotten what it did at the box office? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I dunno man could it be that those movies were huge box office wise despite it's online buzz? I mean if we were to put those movies with huge online buzz in a time where the interent wasn't as huge say back in the early 2000's don't you think those movies would have still gotten what it did at the box office? 

Lol, you're not getting my point. I'm not saying that these movies were huge because of social medias, what I'm saying is that social medias showed that there were a huge interest in these movies, and that they were about to break out. I'm not claiming that TF5 is going to manage an increase just because it is pulling huge numbers on social medial, I'm saying that -for now- there's a bigger interest than in the previous movie, of course things can change a lot till June. :) 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm surprised, to say the least. It seems to be generating way more buzz than AOE, I wonder if it will translate to B.O? It will be a huge win if it at least stay flat.

Pirates is on the bottom of the list, btw.

last trailer for Pirates came out in October of last year so that probably is the main reason

11 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Lol, you're not getting my point. I'm not saying that these movies were huge because of social medias, what I'm saying is that social medias showed that there were a huge interest in these movies, and that they were about to break out. I'm not claiming that TF5 is going to manage an increase just because it is pulling huge numbers on social medial, I'm saying that -for now- there's a bigger interest than in the previous movie, of course things can change a lot till June. :) 

Ok bro I gotcha! :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Is there a correlation between online buzz and actual box office success?

Depends on what the "buzz" is measuring. Is it just mentions? 

Plenty of discussion could be negative to indifferent. 

Online metrics like "buzz" are yet to be wholly correlated to success. It's imperfect at this point. 

That said, I'll be there for both Pirates5 and Transformers5

7 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Depends on what the "buzz" is measuring. Is it just mentions? 

Plenty of discussion could be negative to indifferent. 

Online metrics like "buzz" are yet to be wholly correlated to success. It's imperfect at this point.

That said, I'll be there for both Pirates5 and Transformers5

Plus there's people who mention it more than once. Just like there's people who view the trailer more than once.

And I won't be there for either. ;)

Edited by Jay Beezy

PREVIOUSLY: Word is leaking out about which movies will claim TV spots during the Super Bowl on Sunday. Paramount will run a Transformers: The Last Knight trailer during the game, while its anime adaptation Ghost in the Shell starring Scarlett Johansson will have a spot before kickoff

http://deadline.com/2017/02/transformers-the-last-knight-ghost-in-the-shell-super-bowl-tv-spots-1201898501/