Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

The stakes were you mods...had I of won, you guys would be working at a Spongebob forum right now..

No matter how good you think you are, never go against the greatest team ever...

Posted Image

• Like 5

ok i'm going to get dinner first before reading through this thread 

to quote THOR i need sustenance if i'm going to jump in this murky thread

read last 2 pages and i don't understand why i'm seeing the word flop thrown around , lot of money vs ridonkulous amount of money 

someone losing a bet for hyping ...

its not even saturday evening what exactly are you guys crying about ? and it made a great sum of money its in the top 10 midnight openers behind twilight films , DH2 and a nolan batman nothing to cry about 

• Like 1

like I said it seems sequels with bad critical reception outgross the first. Transformer 2, Pirates 2, Matrix Reloaded, Rush Hour 2, The Mummy Returns, Hangover 2, etc. 

That's because critics have zero effect on how a sequel performs.  A sequel performs based on how well the first film was received by an audience.  But in CF's case, like Potter and Spiderman and Empire Strikes Back, just to name a few, when the first films blows up, the second has nowhere to go but down.

• Like 3

ok i'm going to get dinner first before reading through this thread 

to quote THOR i need sustenance if i'm going to jump in this murky thread

read last 2 pages and i don't understand why i'm seeing the word flop thrown around , lot of money vs ridonkulous amount of money 

someone losing a bet for hyping ...

its not even saturday evening what exactly are you guys crying about ? and it made a great sum of money its in the top 10 midnight openers behind twilight films , DH2 and a nolan batman nothing to cry about 

Yeah maybe someone could explain to me how this is a disappointment.

That's because critics have zero effect on how a sequel performs.  A sequel performs based on how well the first film was received by an audience.  But in CF's case, like Potter and Spiderman and Empire Strikes Back, just to name a few, when the first films blows up, the second has nowhere to go but down.

And that's exactly what will happen to Avatar 2 and Age of Ultron. Regardless of their quality.

• Like 2

what I mean is that it is weird that the sequels with positive critical reception should have an advantage, yet they don't

Iron Man and Transformers made the same amount of money pretty much. Iron Man 2 had better critical reception than TF2. Yet TF2 increased while Iron Man 2 decreased

The way I see it as long as this does $300- 350 million here, overseas will take care of another $400 million and it will actually top THG's worldwide gross. No loss plus it didn't hold bad for the sequel to a film that has most of it's success to thank from ungodly uncommon hype.