Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

Oh my, God! Ijack predicted like what? $130M versus our $160-$180M? IJACK MAY HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN RIGHT. 

Don't worry, he's predicting 400M again for the next Spider-Man sequel. So this is a one time thing

• Like 5

We sorta did just get hard numbers. Rth has never failed us and he just told us the matinees performed very similar to DH1. So basically we know it has to kick DH1's ass at night to have any chance of reaching the kind of numbers people are hoping for today (ie $50m+ Friday excluding previews).

not just that but it goes with Gitesh was saying

Uh yes, 12m trailer views in 1 week for the THIRD trailer, the movie was consistently in the top 10 on imdb for the last 3 months.

Probably most fans of the first movie watched that trailer at least 5 times a day in order to get the best orgasm they ever had... so no surprise it has 12M views.

So ijack predicted 132m. This can't be right?

remember folks, Rth didn't say it was doing DH1 numbers, just that it was behaving more like DH1 than THG.

big difference

I think 150 is still the absolute minimum here.

You know, I enjoyed watching MOS, so obviously I'm somewhat in the minority, but this is completely true.(That being said, I don't feel particularly interested in watching it all again.)

You are not in the minority at all. It is just that the actual minority is more vocal. I loved MoS, watched it 5 times in theaters itself.
  • Like 3

remember folks, Rth didn't say it was doing DH1 numbers, just that it was behaving more like DH1 than THG.

big difference

How? DH1 had 24M midnights. How can it reach 150M BY BEHAVING THE SAME AS DEATHLY HALLOWS 1. Teach me your math, PLEASE.

Isn't it weird that acclaimed sequels like Catching Fire and Star Trek 2 decrease while negatively reviewed sequels like DMC and Transformers 2 increase?

No, because general audiences don't really give a shit what critics think of these blockbusters.

• Like 6

big difference

Well THG had a lot of matinee sell outs. It worked hard to get that 150m plus weekend.

I will say there is some evidence around me to suggest something is not right.

If this film was suppose to be in there with the greatest openers like TA and TDK for Friday Business it should have started selling out like crazy by now in theaters around me.

However 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm shows are going in not sold out.

Screen count here in Canada is large but not bigger then past openers.