Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

145 minimum.  I predicted 171 for HG but my original gut was 160.5 until i looked more into it.  CF should slowly gain momentum and approach TDK and TDKR's 35-35.5k per screen average instead of going into the 40k PSA or at least exceeding TDK.  I thought maybe there would be more demographic than TDK allowing for maybe that extra 10K PSA to give HG that extra 40 million to break 200M OW.  Still 145 is nothing to be ashamed of.  With great reviews, and DH1 not resonating as well, it will be interesting to see how HG holds up this Thanksgiving weekend and the following 'low' week after Thanksgiving frame.  I will work on some predictions right now.  I think HG might be in store for The Grinch and Toy Story 2 type holds since we are witnessing a more dense tentpole release then just the solid upfront demand.  I think that this will have legs because it looks as if the box office has taken a small hit this month and November still needs to be fully compensated for.  The schedule looks great next week for HG, Thor, Frozen, and Spike Lee's new movie.  Thor took a hit, and so did mostly everything since Gravity.  Jackass slid on by and nailed its crowd, but will this be the last time one does well.  Perhaps it was just timing and demand for jackass.  Captain Phillips was decent but I was hoping for a Tom Hanks as lead man for box office power 40M OW/TOM Hanks is back!  Look for a 345-360M finish for HG with it possibly approaching 400 or further depending on how much it gets hit by The Hobbit.

• Like 1

unless it opens significantly higher than the first, it is decreasing. 

CF should have a good second weekend hold and should still be able to add significantly to its total over the Christmas/NewYears period.

Don't judge it's legs too soon.

I refused to believe Santa wasn't real. Then my sister showed me the bike I wanted for Christmas sitting in my parents' closet.

Did you ever think that Santa just wanted you to believe he's not real so he put the bike in the closet only for your sister to find it and think he's not real?Two targets with one shot.

• Like 1