Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I mean in terms of Saturday increase, not overal legs.

Movies are doing better on Saturdays this year and I have no idea why. I have been noticing this pattern for a while. At first I was thinking that some people are picking Saturday matinees instead of Friday evening shows because of Colorado shootings but that was a long time ago.

um. What are you basing this on? Just your thinking? Come on spill your reasons or the corks are coming out.

Let's say Nikki has access to numbers from shows opening upto 8PM, and she sees an increase of 15% till that point compared to Friday. So for Saturday she will project 45.2x1.15 = 52m. But the later shows won't increase 15% from Friday. They would probably stay flat.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 1

Let's say Nikki has access to numbers from shows opening uptil 8PM, and she sees an increase of 15% upto that point compared to Friday. So for Saturday she will project 45.2x1.15 = 52m. But the later shows won't increase 15% from Friday. They would probably stay flat.

And you know this... how?  People like to hate on Nikki's math but she's often the most accurate source outside of Rth and her 70m figure was the most accurate yesterday.

• Like 1

Let's say Nikki has access to numbers from shows opening upto 8PM, and she sees an increase of 15% till that point compared to Friday. So for Saturday she will project 45.2x1.15 = 52m. But the later shows won't increase 15% from Friday. They would probably stay flat.

I like how you assume you know exactly the process she goes through. You're as clueless as the rest of us, let's wait for the numbers and see what's up.

• Like 2

But how do you know she didn't take all of that into account when she calculated her estimates?

So probably high 150's when finals come in (if low 50's today) ... below expectation, but certainly better than the awful looking early ... early projections yesterday evening.

I'm seeing the film tomorrow ... or I guess later today. ;)  Hope it's better than THG which I would probably grade a B.

Edited by Adam

And you know this... how?  People like to hate on Nikki's math but she's often the most accurate source outside of Rth and her 70m figure was the most accurate yesterday.

Nikki's estimate was 63-70m yesterday actually.

And I don't know this for sure, but I have observed that her Saturday estimates are generally inflated if Friday matinee business was weak.