Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

I won't see the film until tomorrow, so I can't comment on the quality comparison yet. But the box office situation is eerily similar between the two. Catching Fire's opening weekend was just a bigger version of IM2's, both in expectations and actual performance.

IM2 - Expected to make $150-160m, made $128m

THG2 - Expected to make $180-190m, made $155-160m

I am hoping that the holidays this week will help THG2 hold a lot better than IM2 did.

True, but THG was already a HUGE success with less room to grow, whereas IM2 had a lot of room to grow, but underwhelmed massively.

I'm sure the holidays will help though, coupled with excellent WOM, 375m could still happen.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

Explaining: Rth said CF was doing numbers DH1 and did not and now he's saying that CF did 32-33. It will even?

you're not understanding what RTH meant. 

70/52/32 

that is called frontloaded as Goffe said. That is how DH1 performed

Edited by Omario
  • Like 10

I really liked CF I'm no a fan of the Hunger Games, but now I am, the movie was very eel directed, even though i prefer TDKR I would like this to really well so we may movies of this caliber more often, I think i will hold nicely just because its quality is pretty good. 380m

• Like 2

.And now he's saying that CF did 32-33.

He made that indication a lot earlier in the evening though, most showings were done by the time he gave the Sunday estimate so unfortunately it's gonna be a lot closer. He just tells us the numbers, he has no spin and he's objective which is why he's so essential to the forums.
  • Like 7