Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Catching Fire will hold well next weekend since it's Thanksgiving and THG's fanbase skews much more towards adults than HP or Twilight. I'd predict a $65-$75 million 2nd weekend which would be about $288 million, with about $30-$35 million the following since CF isn't a kid's movie... Against Hobbit 2, it'll get $17-$19 million since the Hobbit fanbase doesn't really contain teenage girls or older women (both key demos for HG), earning $36

Shh, careful how you describe movie fanbases or this whole message board will throw you under the bus! Lol.

I knew people were overreacting on Friday, not getting near THG OW would be really weird. In the same way this movie doesn't had the same OD frontloadness as Potter/Twilight, can we say OW won't be that frontloaded either? WIth holidays coming, a 2.5x multiplier is possible.

Overseas, most major CATCHING FIRE territories doubled the debut of the original HUNGER GAMES. UK - $20M, GER - $13M, RUS - $11M

Go Europe!  Asia kind of left it in the dust though  <_<

It was heavily promoted in Europe. I think 6 premieres ( london, paris,rome,madrid,berlin,oslo) There werent any in Asia so im not surprised. 

I knew people were overreacting on Friday, not getting near THG OW would be really weird. In the same way this movie doesn't had the same OD frontloadness as Potter/Twilight, can we say OW won't be that frontloaded either? WIth holidays coming, a 2.5x multiplier is possible.

People overreacted because "tracking" was claiming this would make north to $189m. I was predicting between $130m-$160m. Suck that, professional tracking. :P

I'm so sorry about what's happened to you :(  Not every poster on here is so insensitive and I hope you stick around here because you're a really good poster yourself.

Thank you everyone for your support, don't worry I am not going anywhere :) I'm just grateful I didn't get attacked but was actually listened to. That just goes to show what great people there are on this forum (including Jack who I know just made an honest mistake and was sincere in his apology, so it's really all good)

Re: CF OW.... yeah I agree that LG are inflating these numbers. If it hits 160m I'll be ecstatic. And to think 24 hours ago people were freaking out over it not matching THG's OW :ph34r:

• Like 3