Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

10M better than early guesses! Take that flopperers!! I smell some surprises left for the rest of the weekend. 150M almost guaranteed and 160M isn't out of the question. Given the last minute walk-ups and WOM strength, Saturday and Sunday could be very solid.

Enjoy the 70 mill opening day.  160 is done.  

Well let me say this. There was a lot at stake for this OW. So it's not just a case of over prediction. Tracking was off as well. Fans were expecting box office records to be broken.

1. TDK 2d

2. Potter's OD

3. IM3 OW

4. 2013

And there could be more that I'm forgetting.  To think that it may not even match or out gross the OW of the first movie is devastating.

LOL. Oh the melodrama.

• Like 1

How does that compare with THG?

Hunger Games drew an A CinemaScore overall on Friday night, with those under age 25 giving it a glowing A+ and those over 25 an A-. Tweens and teens turned out in force for the film, with 39 percent of the audience younger than 18, according to CinemaScore exit polling.

Males made up 39 percent of Hunger Games' Friday night audience.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hunger-games-jennifer-lawrence-josh-hutcherson-liam-hemsworth-twilight-304028

Well let me say this. There was a lot at stake for this OW. So it's not just a case of over prediction. Tracking was off as well. Fans were expecting box office records to be broken.

1. TDK 2d

2. Potter's OD

3. IM3 OW

4. 2013

And there could be more that I'm forgetting.  To think that it may not even match or out gross the OW of the first movie is devastating.

But that doesn't mean anything.  Your talking about it like expectations amount to dollars.  I've said this 100 times now, this film, like many others before, peaked at the first film.  You can use tracking, magazines, film nerds, film buffs, film historians, writers, directors, studio heads, Spielberg, Cameron, Lucas, anything and everyone you want and it doesn't change the fact that no film that has grossed 400 million in its first film has ever increased for its second.  And the opening weekend was never going to go up as much as people said it would.  History proves this.

• Like 3

It's a fantastic number.  Just because a bunch of HUMAN BEINGS make outlandish predictions for it that goes against history and precedent, doesn't mean it's going to happen.  Think about what a 70 million opening day is.  

Exactly, 70 fucking million in one day can't ever be disappointing. 

• Like 2

10M better than early guesses! Take that flopperers!! I smell some surprises left for the rest of the weekend. 150M almost guaranteed and 160M isn't out of the question. Given the last minute walk-ups and WOM strength, Saturday and Sunday could be very solid.

160 would require a 3 multiplier from the "true" Friday. I don't see that happening. 

i have to say i don't really care either way as i've always said i'm not a fan of the premise of the film which turned me off in the first one but the gifs posted in this thread have been awesome and hilarious and so worthy of likes , i admit i'm giving out likes like if its halloween trick or treat night

• Like 2