ChD

The Hateful Eight | Out NOW in Digital and 70mm | 187 minutes long including a 12 minutes intermission

That sounds like it was amazing, honestly.

I of course didn't work there back then, but everyone still laughs about it to this day.

One of my best friends was actually one of the little kids in the theatre that day. I actually know 3 or 4 people that were there. They all remember it to this day.

• Like 1

I of course didn't work there back then, but everyone still laughs about it to this day.

One of my best friends was actually one of the little kids in the theatre that day. I actually know 3 or 4 people that were there. They all remember it to this day.

It sounds pretty memorable, so I can see why they still remember it.

Honestly, if I saw a R rated movie when was 11 years old by accident, I'd be like "Oh yeah, awesome!", since my mom was pretty strict about the kind of films I could watch, when I was around 10 years old.

oh wow. a great runtime, 165 mins or so. RT is going to be massive too. tarantino u legend!!

cant wait for this. dont think best picture/director wins as not totally oscar friendly, but a nomination in each is assured.

Edited by Halba

oh wow. a great runtime, 165 mins or so. RT is going to be massive too. tarantino u legend!!

cant wait for this. dont think best picture/director wins as not totally oscar friendly, but a nomination in each is assured.

You're so predictable. Picture and director aren't assured. Especially director, no need to reward him there.

Does Tarantino see himself as some Shakespearian play writer now ?

That runtime seems over indulgent even if we know Inglorious Basters & Django were four hour plus movies in their first cuts.

Edited by The Futurist

That runtime seems over indulgent even if we know Inglorious Basters & Django were four hour plus movies in their first cuts.

Totally does. There is a new article out about him and it is rough.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/12/t-magazine/quentin-tarantino-bret-easton-ellis-interview.html?_r=0

Nah, I think he sees himself as David Lean......

Problem for me with Tarantino is he is a one trick pony. Every film he makes is some kind of "homage" to B movies he saw as a kid,and for me the trick has gotten old.

And now he is trying to recreate the Road Shows of his youth. Though I advocate the return of intermissions for long movies (it's called having to go to the toilet) his attempts to bring back the road show will fail. Not least because he is trying to blow up one of his usual homage to B movies to epic film status.

And agreed his comments about Multiplexes are pretty douchy and full of snobbery.

Edited by dudalb

Nah, I think he sees himself as David Lean......

Problem for me with Tarantino is he is a one trick pony. Every film he makes is some kind of "homage" to B movies he saw as a kid,and for me the trick has gotten old.

And now he is trying to recreate the Road Shows of his youth. Though I advocate the return of intermissions for long movies (it's called having to go to the toilet) his attempts to bring back the road show will fail. Not least because he is trying to blow up one of his usual homage to B movies to epic film status.

And agreed his comments about Multiplexes are pretty douchy and full of snobbery.

He's anything but a one a trick pony.

If this really is 3h long, the nights I have to e the closing usher, the late movie won't get out until quarter after 1. By the time all the closing duties are all done and I can go home it'll be nearly 2. That's gonna suck on school nights.

All your employees atay for close? When I worked at movie theater only the manager and protections stayed until 1 or 2? Canada does not have a law about if you are under 18 you can't stat passed midnight?

Of course Ellis spun it to be pro Tarantino.

That doesn't change the fact that it highlights Tarantino's racism, heightened sense of importance and mysognism. The dude thinks he is some kind of God.

Newsflash: Inglorious Basterds wasn't runner up in best picture, director or screenplay.

Racism? Misogyism? Those're pretty hefty accusations to hurl around, especially without citing incidences. (And just to head things off, the way fictional characters react to each other in movies he wrote or directed don't necessarily qualify as his views).

Maybe they are, but I find it really disgusting that he thinks Django Unchained is more "forward-thinking" than Selma. Even if he thinks that I don't know what posses him to diminish the work of one of the few African American women who gets her projects made.

• Like 2