lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Is it acting like a Potter or Twilight film? I'm not really all that sure. Drops seem way better. 

Yea that's the thing. Some days it acts like Potter and then Twilight...but with much much bigger numbers. Reminds me of when people were trying to figure out if TA was behaving like Thor, SM, or IM and it was kind of doing a mixture of all three.

Edited by Moviefanatic

I love that WDA is having such massive success again, but after seeing Frozen with the fam yesterday I can't help but wish it was for Ralph or Tangled or even Frog. Was very underwhelmed with the movie after all the hype (including the hype I made myself). I think it's great if you're 8 or under (and especially if you're a little girl), but that's where the enjoyability stops. It lacked any of the older/universal appeal of Ralph or Tangled, imo. WDA has worked hard the past 5 years or so getting back into their groove, so I can't really complain that they're finally getting a real box office smash.

• Like 2

As sex as these numbers are, there has been a trend for Friday estimates eventually dropping so I wouldn't be surprised to see CF drop to 2828271469m 2nd weekend I see.

CF increased from Friday estimates last week or were you talking in general? Either way I expect some changes for both movies too since RTH posted around 6pm PST. Hoping both go higher.

CF increased from Friday estimates last week or were you talking in general? Either way I expect some changes for both movies too since RTH posted around 6pm PST. Hoping both go higher.

What are the Bay area sell outs looking like?

I love that WDA is having such massive success again, but after seeing Frozen with the fam yesterday I can't help but wish it was for Ralph or Tangled or even Frog. Was very underwhelmed with the movie after all the hype (including the hype I made myself). I think it's great if you're 8 or under (and especially if you're a little girl), but that's where the enjoyability stops. It lacked any of the older/universal appeal of Ralph or Tangled, imo. WDA has worked hard the past 5 years or so getting back into their groove, so I can't really complain that they're finally getting a real box office smash.

So it's not the next Lion King?