lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

I personally think it's always exciting when the box office is this on fire, regardless of the movies. I hated New Moon, and wasn't crazy about Blind Side either, but that Thanksgiving was still really exciting to follow. And this year I don't like Frozen, but I'm happy for WDA's success on the whole.

I only get hyped when I'm a fan of the franchise or when records are being shattered left and right.So during Avengers run I was like a pig in shit.
  • Like 1

Frozen: 3 Day - 75.5M 5 Day - 101.8M Dom Total - 305M Catching Fire 3 Day - 78M 5 Day - 113.6M Dom Total - 420M (#1 movie of the year)

If catching fire got that high, it would probably close in on TDKR. Oh imagine the meltdowns. Edited by Jessie
  • Like 5

I honestly don't know. I've been right clicking on the 'quote' icon and clicking the open in new tab because for some reason my laptop sometimes won't let me reply the normal way of just clicking the quote icon (when I click the icon, nothing happens. If I try to write a comment, the lettering comes up in gray and won't post).

Trust me, it's not fun.

It doesn't work when I try :( But it's actually really useful to see what the person you quoted has quoted too.

• Like 3

I only get hyped when I'm a fan of the franchise or when records are being shattered left and right.So during Avengers run I was like a pig in shit.

Yeah I either get excited if I liked if, or if it's one of my movies on the box office fantasy game and nobody else/few people picked it.

I only get hyped when I'm a fan of the franchise or when records are being shattered left and right.

So during Avengers run I was like a pig in shit.

Where you hyped or not about Avengers? I am confused? I am not sure if a pig like being in shit or not?

Posted Image

No movie in the 400 m club has ever had a sequel increase.

I've always thought this was more of a fluke in the numbers than anything. If Batman Begins, Shrek, Pirates, or Transformers had grossed $400m, would their sequels have failed to make as much as they did? Obviously not.

Not to take away anything from CF if it manages to do it, but I think there's been way too much reverence given to that milestone.

• Like 1

It does, but not until after three years of consistent rape from Katniss. Despite Hobbit being "the most popular book after the bible".

Posted ImagePosted Image

The Hobbit: AUJ > THG

More likely than not, The Hobbit: DoS > CF

Quality > Box Office every time

• Like 1