lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Posted this in the RIP thread:

It's funny, you don't know the guy at all, but you feel like you do a little because you spend so much time with them when they are on screen.  For me, I know he was a big shark advocate.  He wanted to help them and he did what he could to make sure that they weren't hunted to extinction and so on.  I admit I'm very sad right now.  This is a horrible day as it looks like we lost one of the good ones.

Posted Image

• Like 11

So, aside from the tragic news, what'd I miss today?

The box office is still on fire and the Iron Bowl is one of the greatest college football games ever, as was OSU Michigan. But none of that is important now. Really tragic news :(

Tragedy or extreme events show you the real character of a person.

That JJ guy isn't a username I know so when I see 77 post totals and tool-ish, douche comments I expect troll.

When posters like Futurist make poor attempts at humor I just expect better. No matter how we all may differ on hopes for films, opinions of pre-release material I'm rewarded that the majority of the board are people of high character I'd like to know offline when reactions to the important stuff happens. 

• Like 5

I kinda felt this way when John Candy died.  I was on my way home from completing my first year of university when the news broke.  It really saddened me because he was one of the good guys.  I surprisingly feel kinda sad right now.  He was, from what I've seen and read, one of the good guys with a good heart and stood up for what he believed in.  

Turning in for the night.  Box office doesn't seem so important right now.  

• Like 8

sad news about Paul Walker... 

have loved that series right from the start.  He will be a missed... and best wishes go out his family and friends and colleagues.... 

• Like 1

That JJ guy isn't a username I know so when I see 77 post totals and tool-ish, douche comments I expect troll. When posters like Futurist make poor attempts at humor I just expect better. No matter how we all may differ on hopes for films, opinions of pre-release material I'm rewarded that the majority of the board are people of high character I'd like to know offline when reactions to the important stuff happens.

As the saying goes: "tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Like 12

Universal has released this statement: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the FAST AND FURIOUS films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

• Like 7

Walker has a number of films on the back burner, including the suspense drama Hours, which is set to release later this month. Unfortunately, we will never see his anticipated interpretation of Agent 47 in the Hitman reboot, announced earlier this y