lilmac

Weekend estimates: CF-$74.5; FRZ-$66.7; Thor2-$11.1

Congratulations Catching Fire for breaking the Thanksgiving record!

Although, at this point I think Sorcerer's Stone deserves a bit of recognition.  It held this record for......wait for it.............12 YEARS!!! Longer than Titanic's stay at #1 as the highest grossing movie of all time....which felt like an eternity.  Crazy how a film from so long ago still held a record like this.  I'm pretty sure when it broke the record back in 2001, very few people thought it would still have the record all the way into 2012. 

If we're talking about lengthy records, Toy Story 2 held on to that Thanksgiving OW for a solid 14 years until Frozen topped it this weekend.

• Like 7

Was hoping Frozen would hit 70M, but this is still great

Multipliers based off 5-days:

Hugo: 447.7M

Life of Pi: 381.7M

Rise of the Guardians: 298.5M

Tangled: 272.9M

Arthur Christmas: 266.1M

Enchanted: 243.2M

The Muppets: 199.2M

Deck the Halls: 193.7M

• Like 3

If we're talking about lengthy records, Toy Story 2 held on to that Thanksgiving OW for a solid 14 years until Frozen topped it this weekend.

It kind of fascinates me over how that managed to happen.  I mean, ticket prices are so so so much higher than they were in the late 90's early 00's. And they held these records for 12 and 14 years? Of course, adjusted for inflation Potter and Toy Story still retain their records.  

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 5

CF is doing significantly better then its potter and twilight comparisions:

DH1 - - 125m OW - - - - - - 49.1m 2ndW (-60.7%)

NM - - - 142.8m OW - - - - 42.9m 2ndW (-70%)

BD1 - - 138.1m OW - - - - - 41.7m 2ndW (-69.8%)

BD2 - - 141.1m OW - - - - - 43.6m 2ndW (-69.1%)

CF - - 158.1m OW - - - - - - 74.5m 2ndW (-52.9%)

It started much bigger then any of the movies and it fell MUCH better over its second weekend

• Like 5

CF is doing significantly better then its potter and twilight comparisions:

DH1 - - 125m OW - - - - - - 49.1m 2ndW (-60.7%)

NM - - - 142.8m OW - - - - 42.9m 2ndW (-70%)

BD1 - - 138.1m OW - - - - - 41.7m 2ndW (-69.8%)

BD2 - - 141.1m OW - - - - - 43.6m 2ndW (-69.1%)

CF - - 158.1m OW - - - - - - 74.5m 2ndW (-52.9%)

It started much bigger then any of the movies and it fell MUCH better over its second weekend

Some posters have and will continue to ignore this.

• Like 7

It kind of fascinates me over how that managed to happen.  I mean, ticket prices are so so so much higher than they were in the late 90's early 00's. And they held these records for 12 and 14 years? Of course, adjusted for inflation Potter and Toy Story still retain their records.  

Yeah I think both are over $90 million in today's dollars.

Was hoping Frozen would hit 70M, but this is still great

Multipliers based off 5-days:

Hugo: 447.7M

Life of Pi: 381.7M

Rise of the Guardians: 298.5M

Tangled: 272.9M

Arthur Christmas: 266.1M

Enchanted: 243.2M

The Muppets: 199.2M

Deck the Halls: 193.7M

$250 million has to be pretty much a lock at this point.

Was hoping Frozen would hit 70M, but this is still greatMultipliers based off 5-days:Hugo: 447.7MLife of Pi: 381.7MRise of the Guardians: 298.5MTangled: 272.9MArthur Christmas: 266.1MEnchanted: 243.2MThe Muppets: 199.2MDeck the Halls: 193.7M

Hoping for a Tangled like multiplier.

Oh, and something I noticed while doing the multipliers

Enchanted 5-day: 49.1M

Tangled 3-day: 48.8M

Tangled 5-day: 68.7M

Frozen 3-day: 66.7M

The next Disney animation that opens over Thanksgiving, I'm gonna predict 93M for. :P

First of all, Thank you so much! my friends, for such a warm welcome! :) Love you all forever!!! :wub: Btw, Sorry for being so late to make a reply! ;)

Posted Image

12.45 a.m. here! time to  :sleep: cya in the Morning!

Edited by Emirazza
  • Like 4

If you take Catching Fire's midnight gross out of its opening weekend, it only dropped -43.9% this weekend.  I don't care if it was a holiday weekend or not....that is extremely impressive for a 150M+ opener. 

• Like 8

If you take Catching Fire's midnight gross out of its opening weekend, it only dropped -43.9% this weekend.  I don't care if it was a holiday weekend or not....that is extremely impressive for a 150M+ opener. 

But if you take midnights out, its no longer a $150m + opener :P

• Like 2

So Ender's Game is no where to be found on the top 18: http://boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/

That's actually kind of hilarious, its run is almost identical to After Earth.

Wow I expected it to underwhelm at the BO but I definitely did not expect it to be off the map after just a month.

There hasn't even been that much competition has there? Thor and Catching Fire really did it in...

OMG , such an amazing drop for CF, I can't even breath right now... I bet next weekend it will drop less than 40%, an increase is possible in the fourth weekend, those dwarves are no match for the Queen Katiniss. Fuck, Harry Potter is so petty compared to THG franchise. :OMG:  :circles:  :congrats::worthy:

good enough for you Ice?

Edited by Goffe Luvs 1D
  • Like 7

OMG , such an amazing drop for CF, I can't even breath right now... I bet next weekend it will drop less than 40%, a increase is possible in the fourth weekend, those dwarves are no match for the Queen Katiniss. Fuck, Harry Potter is so petty compared to THG franchise. :OMG:  :circles:  :congrats::worthy:

good enough for you Ice?

That gif in your sig actually makes me feel a bit sick looking at it. What the hell? :lol:

• Like 4

Wow I expected it to underwhelm at the BO but I definitely did not expect it to be off the map after just a month. There hasn't even been that much competition has there? Thor and Catching Fire really did it in...

Obviously it's still in theatres, there won't be any numbers for it until actuals come out.
  • Like 1

OMG , such an amazing drop for CF, I can't even breath right now... I bet next weekend it will drop less than 40%, a increase is possible in the fourth weekend, those dwarves are no match for the Queen Katiniss. Fuck, Harry Potter is so petty compared to THG franchise. :OMG:  :circles:  :congrats::worthy:

good enough for you Ice?

I bet typing that had you puke a little bit. ;)