Impact

2011 Best Picture Predicts

I`m not talking bad about Angie, just what her movie stands for. I get her point. She went to Bosnia, officials showed her some real or fake victims, it broke her heart, she made a movie about eeeeeeeeeeeeeevil Serbs. Because she didn`t go to the Serb Republic where officials would show her some real or fake victims and that would break her heart too but because oil lobby wants Bosnian Muslims to be victims to offset jihadist`s bad rep, she wouldn`t make a movie about eeeeeeeeeeeevil Bosnian Muslims. There are also eeeeeeeeevil Croats who actually make a better story but I guess Vatican kibboshed that and Angie`s a Catholic.

Edited by fishnets

Leaked review that was postive is just one review. There was also a negative reaction. The movie is a propaganda garbage. I hope The Crusader comes over to explain a few things but the movie is clearly taking a side where one is the bad guy and other is victim which is wrong. It`s ridiculously B&W approach to a complicated situation and as such has no business in Best Anything save Best Fabrication and Simplification of Truth category.

I think you're the one simplifying things here. You haven't seen the movie so you have no idea what it's ultimately trying to say. From everything I've seen in interviews and descriptions, it always leads back to what happens when there's a lack of will to intervene in humanitarian crises. Even if it's going to portray some atrocities committed by Serbs I think the total message is going to be a criticism of NATO and the West for not stepping in and stopping the war earlier.

DH2 is getting the biggest push from WB by far.

WB are killing it with everything from what I've seen. Most sites I go on I see plenty of FYC ads plastered around for J. Edgar, Contagion and even Happy Feet 2, but you're right, Potter has been getting the biggest push.

I think you're the one simplifying things here. You haven't seen the movie so you have no idea what it's ultimately trying to say. From everything I've seen in interviews and descriptions, it always leads back to what happens when there's a lack of will to intervene in humanitarian crises. Even if it's going to portray some atrocities committed by Serbs I think the total message is going to be a criticism of NATO and the West for not stepping in and stopping the war earlier.

The problem is "atrocities committed by Serbs" while completely sweeping under the rug well known fact that all 3 sides in the conflict committed the same type of attocities. But they go on talking about Serb concentration camps for Muslims as if Serbs are new Nazi or something while pretending that Muslims didn`t have concentration camps for Serbs and why Croats are completely flying under the radar as if they never were in war with anyone is one of world`s 8 biggest mysteries, up there with Yeti and Nessie. Also, the trailer leaves nothing to imagination. Serb father is anti-Muslim. His son is keeping a Muslim girlfriend captive. Conclusion = Serbs are bad. That`s shit movie right there.

Edited by fishnets