baumer

Tues #s RTH Catching Fire: 4, Frozen 2.4, Homefront 800K, Thor 700K

It's a clever meta commentary on horror movies, movies in general, and the act of watching them. It's not a great movie, but I thought it was refreshing and funny. And it isn't afraid to poke fun at itself too -- it's not grimly pretentious.

LOL I get what they were trying to do but somehow it became a parody of the parody so to speak. It was as dry as the desert it was set in. I liked the atmosphere and having been in the desert a lot living in Southern California, I got the feel of it. It was just the absurdity of it. When he killed someone they played that awful music and it would just sit there and the person, animal or whatever would just explode. And then they'd play some happy go lucky song and the tire would just roll on it's way down a dry desert road. It's not pretentious but I don't think it's anything special either except that they used a tire (of all things) as a killer.