#ED

Weekend Estimates: Frozen - 31.6M; CF - 27M

Absolutely, the odds are definitely in the films favor.

I'm really not convinced on 200 for Anchorman, but it's gonna be huge tho.

160-175M for Anchorman 2. 

I'd agree, but my low end is a little lower and my high end is a little higher.

So it's a Kal sized prediction.

well if it does hit the 200m mark, year 2013 has thirteen 200m hits and that's surely a record, right?

oh wait, forgot about Thor2, then it could even be fourteen.

Edited by yjs
  • Like 1

well if it does hit the 200m mark, year 2013 has thirteen 200m hits and that's surely a record, right?

oh wait, forgot about Thor2, then it could even be fourteen.

Yeah, the current record is 11 from 2007/2012 which 2013 is already close to matching. should beat it pretty easily

Edited by CoolioD1

I don't really know if I can categorise myself in a particular fandom. Like there's no franchise right now that I think is head and shoulders above the rest. 

That's good. That's a good place to be.

I would say it is a good time to be a Nolanite. When it comes to blockbusters/genre movies, I think he makes them better than most.

Edited by The Stingray

Shame on you baumer, copy-pasting Rth's estimates on twitter without giving him due

Dan Grant @baumer72 18m

Friday numbers at boxoffice Catching Fire 8.2 Frozen 6.8 Furnace 1.9 Thor 1.2 Homefront 1

https://twitter.com/baumer72/status/409303207404249088

:ph34r:

:P

Shame on you baumer, copy-pasting Rth's estimates on twitter without giving him due

Dan Grant ‏@baumer72 18m

Friday numbers at boxoffice Catching Fire 8.2 Frozen 6.8 Furnace 1.9 Thor 1.2 Homefront 1

https://twitter.com/baumer72/status/409303207404249088

:ph34r:

:P

He likes to stay out of the spotlight.  I never say where I get them from on twitter.

I'm sorry, i gotta call bull. TDK, and BB and TDKR to a lesser extent and MOS to an even lesser extent are the praised DC films. Everything Marvel here is loved by the masses. Alot of people didnt like IM3 because of Trevor but we still adopted him in. Ive seen it the 2 years this site has been up and back on BOM. There is no way Hunger Games, DC, Harry Potter, Pixar, anything passes Marvel in popularity here. Just no way, especially after Avengers. I've seen a lot of love, a lot of hate, a lot of bias, but Marvel always emerges. Not a big deal, I got into this franchise discussion late, but its true.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

We should just get everyone to declare their single fan allegiance once and for all, and sticky a list. And if we feel someone is lying about their fandom, PM the mods. The mods will hold a little trial and if the individual can't prove that they are unequivocally devoted, topic-ban them accordinglyIt's the only way suss this all out

star wars, tarrantino, apatow, hunger games, nolan

I have no idea what you're talking about.

He's a few pages late but I think he's saying everyone loves Marvel movies here after TA.Il be the first to say I've hated every Marvel movie since.But there's no denying Marvels popularity with the GA. As for this forum, it's sort of mixed.

He's a few pages late but I think he's saying everyone loves Marvel movies here after TA.Il be the first to say I've hated every Marvel movie since.But there's no denying Marvels popularity with the GA. As for this forum, it's sort of mixed.

Thanks Ed.  I was gonna ask what are you doing up so early. I forgot you were on the east coast.