DAR

Disney now has full rights to Indiana Jones

That's for 10 years from now when they reboot.

It's just that I can't picture anybody else as Indy. :( He ain't like James Bond, in my mind.

Btw, I noticed on your 'greatest games' list that you had included Indy and the Infernal Machine. How's the story in that one? It has something to do with the Tower of Babel, right?

GUYS GUYS GUYS

How about Nathan Fillion as Indy?!!!

Posted Image

• Like 1

Btw, I noticed on your 'greatest games' list that you had included Indy and the Infernal Machine. How's the story in that one? It has something to do with the Tower of Babel, right?

Yeah, basically the premise is that the Tower of Babel was built to link our world with the astral realm of an evil Babylonian god but the people wised up and tore it down and scattered the pieces of the titular machine inside around the world. The game takes place in the late 1940s and has Indy squaring off against Soviets for most of the game in a race to find the four pieces. Sophia from Fate of Atlantis comes back as Indy's main ally.

Most of the game is excellent though the final level is kinda odd and not that good. It's an action/adventure game whereas Fate of Atlantis was point-and-click adventure game (no choosing dialogue or what storyline to take, it's linear). There are a handful of boss fights against the guardians of each piece of the Machine. You travel to the ruins of Babylon in Iraq, Kazakhstan, the Philippines, Central Mexico, and the Sudan.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

It's just that I can't picture anybody else as Indy. :( He ain't like James Bond, in my mind.

He pretty much is though.

Said before and I'll say it again: Indy as a character isn't interesting. Like Bond you can give him a few nuances, but to push it too far would be to go against what's so appealing about him: he's an archetype that is enjoyed vicariously. The character's genius is that he's little more than the hat and whip.

It's a franchise that's ripe for a reboot/reimagining. The only problem was that, unlike the Bond producers, Paramount didn't just get on with it and hire another actor much earlier on. Or, rather, that Ford/Spielberg/Lucas didn't allow them to.

Edited by Hatebox

Don't bother getting Ford back. An old Indy fundamentally doesn't work.

Oh, and I guess Disney producing this means Indy won't kill anyone, like he didn't in Crystal Skull.

He knocked the main Russian henchman into the swarm of army ants.

I''m sure people said that about James Bond with Sean Connery too back in the 60s.....

James Bond is based on a character from a book. Indiana Jones was an onscreen character from the beginning and was played Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. A new actor is pretty much a new character

James Bond is based on a character from a book. Indiana Jones was an onscreen character from the beginning and was played Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. A new actor is pretty much a new character

Pink Panther fans say hello there...Peter Sellers was Clouseau created on screen by Edwards and Sellers as well. But Steve Martin did play the same character in a reboot.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I hope they reboot and go back to nazi 30's. Indy in modern setting is BORING. They need another charismatic actor to play the role but giving another distinct take. He should be in mid 30's and a good at fist fights as well.

Josh Brolin comes to mind but he may be a tad too old to start a new franchise.

I'm not sure why where the original source material came from matters. Many many people identified Sean Connery as the ultimate bond yet the film franchise did not die when he moved on from it. Recasting Indy would be difficult, but franchises have done it before, and will continue to do it into the future. Hollywood just loves money too much not too.

I'm not sure why where the original source material came from matters. Many many people identified Sean Connery as the ultimate bond yet the film franchise did not die when he moved on from it. Recasting Indy would be difficult, but franchises have done it before, and will continue to do it into the future. Hollywood just loves money too much not too.

It's similar to Bond, but since they've been doing it for half a century, it's become part of the franchise. There has only been one Indy for over 30 years, there's a much closer association there in the audience's mind I think.