Punishment

Weekend Actuals 12/6-12/8 Frz $31.6m CF $26.2M

Why u no buy blu rays?

My disc-buying peaked in the earlier years of my DVD collection, because now I don't have the time to continually re-watch stuff. If it's something I love, sure, I'll get a blu-ray, but otherwise why spend $15-20 on something I'll probably never watch more than once or twice again? Easily just to stream from iTunes or Amazon Instant Video or VUDU... sure, the quality is not quite Blu-ray, but honestly I don't really care unless it's something I love.

The other major reason -- which will interest you in a year or two -- is that toddlers damage discs. Really really easily. They love those goddamn little shiny coasters.

• Like 1

My disc-buying peaked in the earlier years of my DVD collection, because now I don't have the time to continually re-watch stuff. If it's something I love, sure, I'll get a blu-ray, but otherwise why spend $15-20 on something I'll probably never watch more than once or twice again? Easily just to stream from iTunes or Amazon Instant Video or VUDU... sure, the quality is not quite Blu-ray, but honestly I don't really care unless it's something I love.The other major reason -- which will interest you in a year or two -- is that toddlers damage discs. Really really easily. They love those goddamn little shiny coasters.

This. and I once enthusiastically collected DVDs and when Bluray came out only a few years later my collection suddenly looked like garbage. Ever since I just haven't bothered to spend money on these blurays and dvds. something better will come out eventually. haha.

I am the Santa Architect. I created the Christmatrix. I've been waiting for you, Ralphie. You have many requests for gifts, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably a ten year old child. Ergo, some of my actual gifts you will like, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first request for a Red Ryder BB Gun may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant, since you'll shoot your eye out.

POST OF THE FUCKING MILLENNIUM!!!  Seriously, that is the best post I have ever read here.  Half the posters here will not get it but those of us who do are probably howling when reading it.

• Like 5

My disc-buying peaked in the earlier years of my DVD collection, because now I don't have the time to continually re-watch stuff. If it's something I love, sure, I'll get a blu-ray, but otherwise why spend $15-20 on something I'll probably never watch more than once or twice again? Easily just to stream from iTunes or Amazon Instant Video or VUDU... sure, the quality is not quite Blu-ray, but honestly I don't really care unless it's something I love.The other major reason -- which will interest you in a year or two -- is that toddlers damage discs. Really really easily. They love those goddamn little shiny coasters.

Such music to Ed's ears.
  • Like 1

Which makes me think the Architect scene would've been a lot better if Neo had been kicked down a slide at the end of it.

Oh damn, wtf, you guys are killing me, I'm in tears right now.

Only think better would have been if Neo walked into the room with The Architect and you saw the Leg Lamp.

• Like 4

I rarely buy discs at all anymore. If I do, it'll be for something special or a movie I particularly love.

Sounds like married women discussing blowjobs in a marriage:

I rarely give my husband a blowjob anymore.  If I do, it'll be for something special like his birthday to show him that I love him.  :)

• Like 2