CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

I don't find the opening boring at all.  If it opens to below 70, that's actually really exciting.  Sometimes when films drop a large amount, it can be just as exciting as when they open well.

Exactly, I'm not finding anything boring with this number at all. In fact, I'm getting excited at impending meltdowns!!!!!!!! :excited:

• Like 1

Exactly, I'm not finding anything boring with this number at all. In fact, I'm getting excited at impending meltdowns!!!!!!!! :excited:

Where are these meltdowns going to come from though ... even with that #, it's trending towards low 70's ... in other words, a difference of 3-5 million total from where had possibilities of going after last night. 

Maybe it's just me, but I think the time for 'melting down' due to any # for this film has come and gone my friend.  It is what it is at this point.

I remember when IJATKOTCS (I hope you guys can figure that out lol) opened to 25 mill on Thurs, I thought I was going to swallow a bottle of Tylenol.  So I'm familiar with meltdowns, been through many of them myself. 

• Like 4

I don't see how anyone can be enjoying this, the weekend may now be less than last year and I never like that no matter how much I may dislike a film or its fans.

Oh I like it Jerry.  I like it.

• Like 1

I remember when IJATKOTCS (I hope you guys can figure that out lol) opened to 25 mill on Thurs, I thought I was going to swallow a bottle of Tylenol.  So I'm familiar with meltdowns, been through many of them myself. 

... Indy 4?

• Like 1

Knowing Shay, Shay has made it to America, is furiously watching it over and over, probably 10 times already this weekend to boost up these NA grosses, explaining why RTH's range went from 27m to 32 million in a span of 6 hours.

Shay the magnificent, greatest of calamities.

• Like 5

Yes he needs to pay for hating on CF.  Well now his precioussss flops he disappears.

Posted Image

He was here mouthing off at how CF was 'failing' OW and was a 'flop'. "Hobbit would 'teach it a lesson". Now he's nowhere to be found.

He's probably on his 25th time watching it, thinking he can save it.

• Like 2

Knowing Shay, Shay has made it to America, is furiously watching it over and over, probably 10 times already this weekend to boost up these NA grosses, explaining why RTH's range went from 27m to 32 million in a span of 6 hours.

Shay the magnificent, greatest of calamities.

A more effective method would just be to buy out several screenings via internet.

Kinda with Numbers on this one, I'd wait and see what it looks like later. East coast business is a bit more depressed than west coast this weekend due to winter weather (possibly being a factor in last night's uptick).

Sat could be different but DOS compared to AUJ for Friday was doing basically the same market shares across DMA & Regions(East,West, South etc)

Previous post

DMA market shares  acoss the board so far for DOS/AUJ are almost identical in fact probably just say they were so what was the market share in say LA/NYC is like .5% diff bet two films

Overall Canada share is the same

• Like 2