CoolioD1

Weekend Estimates: The Hobbit - 73.6M | Frozen - 22.2M | Madea - 16M

Win the domestic battle sure, but lose the worldwide war.

It's like when a NFL team beats a team in the regular season, but then gets its ass whooped by that team in the playoffs. 

You saying this I remember the tagline of Hunger Games:On March 23th The world will be watching

I thought one for the hobbit:In December the world will be sleeping

Even the hobbit earning more, nothing changes the fact that Catching Fire will be more profitable.

you want to appeal, I will appeal

• Like 3

DOM is the better crown than WW. More interesting.

Because your horse is winning the domestic race but not the global one.

Go ask a studio executive if the domestic box office is "more interesting" when most of these films are racking up international grosses far bigger than their domestic grosses.

• Like 3

You saying this I remember the tagline of Hunger Games:On March 23th The world will be watching

Even the hobbit earning more, nothing changes the fact that Catching Fire will be more profitable.

You're going to have to break that one down.  How is CF going to be more profitable with a gross of about 200 mill less WW and a budget of about 70 mill less. 

In Studio Land, no film is profitable.

Edited by 4815162342

Well Lone Ranger did well in the southwest-flopped everywhere else :PNow for a interesting one-Movie 43 did well in Russia, when I said that someone did a good Smiernov impersonation and went "Well in Russia our spoofs make no sense"

Studios receive more money domestic than international, bitch*s  ;)

But domestic is one market.  There are about 70-80 other markets out there.  And besides China, what market is really all that different than the US/Canada.

• Like 1

And on March 23rd the world had a hard time watching, because the shaky cam was left on for the whole movie.

I liked the shaky cam:

I feel like that kind of worked with the tone though.  Katniss' world was supposed to be very small and contained because that's all she ever knew.  The shakiness and closeup shots at District 12 kind of reminded me of documentary footage at 3rd world places like you see in those "adopt a child" or "trafficking awareness" ads.  It was very raw and under-produced compared to the footage at the Capitol, with wide sweeping shots of the skyline and zoomed out views of large buildings.