filmnerdjamie

Monday #s (12/16) DOS 6.2

Well yes, that was counting the double feature, for which all grosses go toward Anchorman 2. :)

Well that's like saying Thor 2 started at 3pm Thursday because they had a marvel marathon. Or CF started at 6 pm.

• Founder / Operator

I got over worrying about things like that when my favorite comic book movies were some of the least popular ones at the box office.  (Kick Ass, Watchmen, Mystery Men)   Stuff like The Dark Knight is huge, but it makes me yawn. I like what I like and I figured out that's all that counts. 

He must want to be like Chris Nolan with Inception.   :D

The funny part is that these "anti-fans" would have everyone believe that something like The Hobbit is a failure on those levels of Mystery Men, Kick-Ass 2, etc. just because it isn't as popular as the biggest current franchises. In reality, it's doing just fine. It's not Hunger Games or Iron Man 3; it's not a huge event picture, and it's not anywhere near the zeitgeist popularity of The Lord of the Rings... but it's still doing good business with more positive reactions than negative ones.

Basically, this is very similar to what happened with The Amazing Spider-Man and Man of Steel. Perspective tends to get lost when agendas enter the picture.

• Like 7

• Founder / Operator

Well that's like saying Thor 2 started at 3pm Thursday because they had a marvel marathon. Or CF started at 6 pm.

I think you're taking me a bit too literally. I didn't say the second movie started at 7pm everywhere. :P

Either way, it was just a general reminder as part of the more important overall point that AUJ didn't face mid-week competition. ;)

Edited by ShawnMR

I think you're taking me a bit too literally. I didn't say the second movie started at 7pm everywhere. :P

Either way, it was just a general reminder as part of the more important overall point that AUJ didn't face mid-week competition. ;)

Well okay then. :)

• Like 1

The funny part is that these "anti-fans" would have everyone believe that something like The Hobbit is a failure on those levels of Mystery Men, Kick-Ass 2, etc. just because it isn't as popular as the biggest current franchises. 

Just to get it out there....I love Kick Ass...KA2...not so much.   :D

I am in love with the first Anchorman. Just saw it for the first time.

I gotta see it a second time cause the gf is excited about seeing the sequel and I'm just not that excited.  I must have missed something.   Part of the problem may be that I don't think Will Ferrell is very funny.

• Founder / Operator

Just to get it out there....I love Kick Ass...KA2...not so much.   :D

I gotta see it a second time cause the gf is excited about seeing the sequel and I'm just not that excited.  I must have missed something.   Part of the problem may be that I don't think Will Ferrell is very funny.

Heh, I'm kinda the same (although I think KA2's score on Rotten Tomatoes was too harsh). I just meant strictly from a box office, profitability, and audience/critical reception standpoint, it missed the mark big time unfortunately.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I adore Kick-Ass one but I don't know if I'll ever bother with the sequel. The trailers were weak as shit.

The movie is weak as shit.

Breaks my heart because 1 is better than all the Marvel Studios films.

Totally went there. (ok, maybe better than tdkr too, but don't tell #ED)

• Like 1