filmnerdjamie

Monday #s (12/16) DOS 6.2

There's nothing wrong with Monday's number. There's just nothing noteworthy about it either.

Agreed. The number is fine and within market expectations. But it's not a great number either. Just a normal hold. Edited by Jajang
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

anyone know why domestically is the only place where it is dropping so big from AUJ? Everywhere else it seems (including Canada) to be staying flat or having a very small decrease. 

Standard burnoff from the last movie's hype is probably the best theory at the moment. We'll find out more as the legs play out.

• Founder / Operator

And those count to Wednesday? Surely that's earlier than ever.

I'm sure they will, heh. I've seen some 7/8pm openers before though. Regal is also running a doubleheader with the first movie tonight, for what it's worth...

I really don't get this anchorman love. Yes the first was funny but I never really saw a anchorman sequel being worthwhile. Very little love down under is my gut. Though there us little competition either here. Not till Boxing Day.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/the-rock-highest-grossing-movie-star/

The Rock is the highest grossing movie star for 2013.

"Forbes released its list of highest-grossing movie stars from 2013, and the results are stunning. Though usual suspects like Robert Downey Jr. and Sandra Bullock had banner years, the biggest star of the year, both literally and financially, is Dwayne Johnson."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2013/12/16/dwayne-johnson-is-the-top-grossing-actor-of-2013/

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/the-rock-highest-grossing-movie-star/

The Rock is the highest grossing movie star for 2013.

"Forbes released its list of highest-grossing movie stars from 2013, and the results are stunning. Though usual suspects like Robert Downey Jr. and Sandra Bullock had banner years, the biggest star of the year, both literally and financially, is Dwayne Johnson."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothypomerantz/2013/12/16/dwayne-johnson-is-the-top-grossing-actor-of-2013/

It could happen again next year if Hercules is successful and if Fast 7 can make a Christmas release.

Edited by Ozymandias

Tuesday business won't even be 100% comparable as AUJ didn't face a new opener mid-week. Anchorman 2 opens at 7pm tonight.

Not totally true. The double feature starts at 7pm. Most shows start at 9pm from what I see.

uggg, what a terrible number. I really enjoyed the movie - seeing these numbers are utterly ruining the experience for me. It actually physically hurts me seeing it performing like this, to the point where I need to get out my anti-depressant meds to cope. Is there something wrong with me, in that I am one of only a few who enjoyed the movie and most everyone else think it is an abomination? What am I failing to see?  :(  :( :(

I got over worrying about things like that when my favorite comic book movies were some of the least popular ones at the box office.  (Kick Ass, Watchmen, Mystery Men)   Stuff like The Dark Knight is huge, but it makes me yawn. I like what I like and I figured out that's all that counts. 

Have you guys been keeping up on this Shia LaBeouf plagiarism thing? He directed a short film that was a complete word-for-word rip off of some comic book. What a fucking asshole. :lol:

He must want to be like Chris Nolan with Inception.   :D

• Like 2