filmnerdjamie

Monday #s (12/16) DOS 6.2

Finally watching the second half of Breaking Bad Season 5, so feeling kickass.

FYI I am starting Episode 5 in a bit. I hear the back half of this season's back half is obliterating.

Edited by 4815162342

FYI I am starting Episode 5 in a bit. I hear the back half of this season's back half is obliterating.

I can't even remember much about what happens in 5 but episode 6 is probably some of the greatest fucking television you'll ever watch. So be prepared for that.

• Like 1

AUJ was painful to sit through. I gave it a C. It would have been a D had it not been for the eagles' scene. The music is so gorgeous. It's that one scene that makes me scoff at anyone comparing Jackson to George Lucas. It's something Lucas could never dream of doing.

Heh, I gave it a C as well.  I found AUJ disappointing overall but there is quite a bit I liked in it.  The Star Wars prequels are in their own league of shit and always will be.  George Lucas couldn't direct actors or write half way decent dialogue if his life depended on it.  Hell, the first 2 prequels don't even have a main character, and ROTS only sorta has one.  AUJ doesn't have any of those problems.  A protagonist is screenwriting 101.  I can't take anyone seriously who compares these movies to those smoldering turds.

Edited by Ozymandias

A bit history should point out this drop was expected. I took a look in 2002 when the days lined up and films that opened that weekend had Monday drops 65 to 70%. Yes it's a bad # for DOS. Let's see how it plays out before writing it off completely.

It's down 15% from what AUJ dropped.  No spin, no bs.....it's not a great number.

It's a 5% greater drop than AUJ, respectively. It's not great, it's not horrible (unless you were expecting 300m). My guess is that it has a better Tues jump than AUJ did (Tuesdays seem bigger in general this year), but that won't mean it suddenly has better legs either.

• Like 5

A bit history should point out this drop was expected. I took a look in 2002 when the days lined up and films that opened that weekend had Monday drops 65 to 70%.Yes it's a bad # for DOS. Let's see how it plays out before writing it off completely.

good point, could just be a difference in how the calendar falls. 

Even more so last year. The Monday hold across the board was stronger than the holds today. Most holds today r in the 65 to 70% range. Last year most fell in the 57 to 63 range.