filmnerdjamie

Monday #s (12/16) DOS 6.2

Kong actually seems like a virtual template for what PJ did right (and wrong) with The Hobbit. You have an incredibly long, over-extended beginning -- one that does a nice job of setting up a whole slew of characters (which unfortunately don't pay off, in many ways), you have long action sequences in the first half of the story that probably should've been tightened up quite a bit (or trimmed entirely) -- the Warg Scout attack in The Hobbit, the dinosaur stampede in Kong -- you have action sequences that are innovative, creative, and hilarious, despite being chock-full of CG -- the T-Rex/Kong fight, the barrel escape -- you have character moments that are thoughtful and surprisingly deft at times -- Kong and Ann, Bilbo/Gollum, Bilbo/Smaug -- etc.

So, baumer...how was it the second time? Still trashy?

I take back my Plan 9 From Outer Space comparisons.  I didn't loathe it to the point of anger this time.  I just disliked it.  The first half was still kinda boring and a lot of the film is really flat and uninteresting and it could have used a lot more explanation.  But having said that I'd give it a 5/10 instead of a 3.  Still a bad film just not a totally incompetent one.

• Like 1

AUJ was painful to sit through. I gave it a C. It would have been a D had it not been for the eagles' scene. The music is so gorgeous. It's that one scene that makes me scoff at anyone comparing Jackson to George Lucas. It's something Lucas could never dream of doing.

Well do enjoy your debbie downer fest , to those whom these numbers procur grinch-like glee!

i'm still trying to absorb the news i saw today that orlando bloom might be dating liv tyler  (arwen and legolas hmm)

LOL old gossip.