LexJoker

Tuesday #s (12/17) DOS 6.2, AM2 2.3

I'm so confused. druv10 I am not lying to you. That is just some weird ass stuff, lol.

A lot of the people are attacking Hobbit because of LOTR and others because of splitting it into a trilogy. Also, I should have clarified my last point that WB's decision to split the movie is vindicated. 

• Like 2

So if Anchorman does do $11 million Wed that would be including the $2.3 million from Tuesday evening right? So it is actually an $8.7 million Wednesday.

I know it's not a big deal but I'm really tired of "preview" grosses being added into the full first day gross. We've done this shit for a year and a half now and it hasn't gotten any less annoying. Why is it such a big deal to just differentiate between the two? For a movie that broke the OD record or something shoehorning the numbers in there to showoff makes sense, but for all these movies that never had a chance at a record- what purpose does it serve?

/end rant

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

The only movie which changed its release date this late and was tailored to a late night audience is Star Trek Into Darkness. It made 3.3M at midnights.

Great point. 

So if Anchorman does do $11 million Wed that would be including the $2.3 million from Tuesday evening right? So it is actually an $8.7 million Wednesday.

I know it's not a big deal but I'm really tired of "preview" grosses being added into the full first day gross. We've done this shit for a year and a half now and it hasn't gotten any less annoying. Why is it such a big deal to just differentiate between the two? For a movie that broke the OD record or something shoehorning the numbers in there to showoff makes sense, but for all these movies that never had a chance at a record- what purpose does it serve?

/end rant

My solution: let's just start calling "preview" grosses "opening night" grosses. It's a misnomer at this point.

• Like 1

My solution: let's just start calling "preview" grosses "opening night" grosses. It's a misnomer at this point.

So in doing that would we officially seperate the numbers? Or just accept that being the opening night it can be included in the official opening day? But I agree completely.

If studios started calling it "opening night" grosses they could just create a new record to show off with. Like "Mockingjay Part I breaks opening night record of $18 million etc." That way they get to showcase their wins and we get our charts completely accurate.

• Like 1