LexJoker

Tuesday #s (12/17) DOS 6.2, AM2 2.3

• Founder / Operator

I thought the disdain for the first movie was an anomaly.  The claws are out for this one too.

If you are referring to interstellar's teaser....maybe people just need a hook to get them interested. God know's it did nothing for me.

Hobbit 2 is playing like a kids movie. It will have a bigger the normal jump on Friday and the ringers will tell us its hitting $300M and then it will tumble come Monday and everyone will laugh and call it floppit.

Absolutely true. Only thing is: there aren't really many "ringers" around here. They've been scared away by people with weird agendas, seemingly. It's just sad at this point.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 3

I thought the disdain for the first movie was an anomaly.  The claws are out for this one too.

It's payback for LOTR for some. They couldn't bitch or whine about the OT because of great quality and BO but PT is lower quality so it's easier to take pot shots but regardless, OT's going to make 3B WW. WB's decision is easily vindicated.

• Like 2

It's a broad targeting comedy released during the holidays, it is designed to be leggy. If it doesn't hold well next couple weeks then criticize it.

I would compare it to Meet the Fockers altho I doubt it will reach $280M.

• Founder / Operator

It's payback for LOTR for some. They couldn't bitch or whine about the OT because of great quality and BO but PT is lower quality so it's easier to take pot shots but regardless, OT's going to make 3B WW. WB's decision is easily vindicated.

As a one-time joke, sure. We have to remember most of those fans aren't even around here anymore. Anyone purposefully trolling The Hobbit ("pot shots" is putting very mildly, IMHO) at this point is only accomplishing two things:

1) Lowering themselves to the level of the people/trolls they supposedly disgusted so much a decade ago.

and 2) Making it unpleasant for the rest of the people here who actually want to have civil conversations over the boring numbers.

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 6