LexJoker

Tuesday #s (12/17) DOS 6.2, AM2 2.3

No, the core story and plot of TDKR is fine, it's just that Nolan tries to tell too much story in too little time.

SKYFALL doesn't even meet that mark. Stuff happens literally just to happen. It's not a bad movie, it's just not that great.

Nope. Reported.

• Like 2

The problem with SKYFALL is that it doesn't want to accept that it's absurd and shallow. It's fraught with effort to find some deeper meaning and drama (deeper than other Bond movies, anyway), but when you break it down, it's just as hilariously ridiculous.

Embrace the absurdity. Have fun with it.

See, I didn't see that serious intent. Like Nolan's Batman movies, I think Mendes knew the franchise limitations, pushed them a little further out and just did his best to make a good genre pic. Like TDK, its admirers go overboard in infusing the film with some kind of depth that probably wasn't ever there, and then its detractors criticise the movie as if the film-maker was going for that in the first place.

Damn internet.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

See, I didn't see that serious intent. Like Nolan's Batman movies, I think Mendes knew the franchise limitations, pushed them a little further out and just did his best to make a good genre pic. Like TDK, its admirers go overboard in infusing the film with some kind of depth that probably wasn't ever there, and then its detractors criticise the movie as if the film-maker was going for that in the first place.

Damn internet.

Yeah!

Posted Image

• Like 2