filmnerdjamie

Weekend Numbers Smaug 31.4, AM2 26.7 Frozen/AH 19.1

Haha so on the FOX website there is an article that states "Walking With Dinosaurs and Anchorman 2 rush the Hobbit". And when I click on it, it says the article is not available. Was FOX expecting Walking With Dinosaurs to top the weekend? (that would have been awesome)

Out of this year's animated films Frozen is below both The Croods and Despicable Me 2. Monsters University is still number one. 

You really have weird taste. Croods/DM2 were pretty mediocre while Frozen was the best animation of the year followed by MU. 

• Like 1

How is it "locked" when it's less than 50m ahead of Tangled through the same point and that finished a full 100m shy of 300?

It's pretty much locked. Lead is over 63M+ and currently it is more than doubling Tangled. Also Tangled had Christmas on Friday which hurt it while Frozen will have Christmas mid-week, inflating the weekend.Tangled made another 75M from this point and same would push Frozen to 370M so yeah 300M is happening.  ;)  :P

I found MU pretty enjoyable. Certainly no top tier Pixar flick though.

But still, the "Fuck you kids, sometimes no matter how much you want it, there's just some shit you're not gonna be good at" message is probably one of the most honest/true in an animated movie ever.

• Like 6

First time I saw Boogie Nights was on TV, and I didn't think anything was wrong with the moment when it cut to black. Then I went online and... was surprised to read about the actual final shot

First time I saw it was on tv too and the final scene wasn't cut. Though it was airing late enough at night that all the commercials were for phone sexlines.

It's pretty much locked. Lead is over 63M+ and currently it is more than doubling Tangled. Also Tangled had Christmas on Friday which hurt it while Frozen will have Christmas mid-week, inflating the weekend.Tangled made another 75M from this point and same would push Frozen to 370M so yeah 300M is happening.  ;)  :P

It weakened the weekend, but nothing else.